Chip swap

MO1123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how do I do a chip swap for an existing phone number? I lost my chip 

3 REPLIES 3

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@MO1123 

Once you have a new inactivated SIM card log into your self serve account and click on change SIM card. Chose either the text message or email option for the 2FA verification code. Follow the instructions to swap your SIM card. I neither method works for you then contact customer support to perform the SIM swap for you.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@MO1123   Log into your account and choose Change SIM on the right hand side of overview page and then follow prompts to replace your SIM

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MO1123 

After you acquire a new SIM card at many mobile merchants or through this site, simply go into your self service account under the change SIM feature.

In order to change the SIM card associated with your account, you must verify your request through a one-time security code that will be sent via SMS or email.  To change your SIM card, please follow the below steps:

1. Log into your My Account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Change SIM Card
  3. Enter your new SIM card number
  4. Select where you would like your 6-digit security verification code to be sent to. You can choose to have the code sent to your email, or via SMS to your phone number. If you do not have access to your phone or cannot receive SMS, please select the email option.
  5. Check your email or phone for your security code, and input the code into the page
  6. Click “Verify Code”

Please note: after 5 failed attempts to verify your security code, your account will be locked, and you will need to have your account unlocked and your SIM card manually updated by an agent by submitting a ticket.

Once you have verified your code, click “submit” to complete your SIM card change.

Need Help? Let's chat.