cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving phone calls and text messages

se5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can send text messages and also make phone calls, but don't receive phone calls and text messages. Rebooted the device, but it did not help.

Please help.

Thanks a lot

10 REPLIES 10

se5

CS Agent checked with the Tech Support informed that network issue involved Alberta and British Columbia has been marked as RESOLVED. I received missing messages from yesterday and earlier today.

Thank you for your advise.

se5

I open the support ticket with CS Agent.

The problem is known and the tech Team is working on it. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@se5 

If it still doesn't fix the issue, you will need to contact a CS_Agent in the morning on this Community page and have them reset your SIM network.

se5

I don't have another phone. Will follow @BKNS27 suggestion to remove the SIM card, wait for 2 min and put it back.

Thank you for help

se5

Thanks a lot, will try

se5

I am a Public Mobile customer for more than one year. Thank you

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@se5 

It is probably related to the Telus outage. Try powering down your phone then remove the SIM tray check to see if SIM is seated properly, wait 2 minutes then slide SIM tray back into phone then power on the phone.

It happened to me and this is what the CS_Agent told me to do...it fixed the issue.

GabrielaP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank u.Will try as I facing same issue today

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@se5 Are you a new customer that ported in anumber from another provider? If so, how long ago did you sign up?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If you look at many of the topics below you will see this has been happening to many. It seems like the best fit is to take out your sim and follow the reprovisioning steps. Basically take it out and put it into another phone and then back into your phone this should reset everything and get it back on track. 

Need Help? Let's chat.