cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charitable discount

ganguy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In checking my payments I found this strange transaction, does anyone know what it means, and/or why it is appearing?

ganguy_0-1657473628738.png

23 REPLIES 23

ganguy

That's interesting. I don't know why such basic technology gets so screwed up. I'll keep you updated. As of now, I have no service. Fortunately, my wife does!  ...with Public Mobile, but her own account and  #

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ganguy 

Im happy to hear the tech team is onto it....please give us an update when you get one as to the cause. I was going to send you a ticket # from another member who had a similar sounding issue. They lost service after renewal and for whatever reason their plan had to rebuilt from the ground up. So however it works backend each of their services had to be added or coded back in....ie texting in #001, texting out #002, calls in #003, calls out #004 and so on....once they rebuilt the plan one service component at a time they finally were able to return a proper working plan.

ganguy

OK everybody - Issue solved!!

The CSA just informed me that those reversed transactions were made deliberately by them during the troubleshooting process that they were doing on my account. You may have seen my other thread - "No minutes" I currently have no service even though I am paid up and have not used my paid minutes. But that's being addressed (supposedly) by the tech department.

Anyway, this issue is closed and I thank you all for your contributions.

Ganguy

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ganguy 

Weird stuff does happen in accounts....I know I have had it happen in mine but I can understand why you are worried. So the entries have cancelled each other out so set it aside at the moment but it could be related. 

So you went thru renewal and paid but have no services. Your account shows as active? And its not your sim card? Its a back end issue? The CSA and/or tech team know its on their end they just dont know the cause? Just nothing is working despite renewing and having active status?

@ganguy   Yep, it seems PM quickly debited the oddly named "charitable discount" credit.  Strange, nonetheless..

Hi @ganguy   just message PM CS agent to confirm.  Just in case next month they charge you $60 but not giving you back the $60 to offset it   🙂

ganguy

Probably, but it makes me nervous.

HI @ganguy  then maybe just a mistakes, that's why there are 2 entries to offset each other

ganguy

Never

HI @ganguy   

so, you never have a snowbird plan?

that look like a refund for that.

ganguy

Darlicious

I don't have the US roaming bundle, never asked for it. I have never made any changes to my basic plan. The CSA is Mihaela_N, and I just heard from her that she is monitoring the trouble ticket, but there hasn't been a response from the tech department. I can't reply to her notifications or I would bring up this transaction anomaly that I just discovered today.

Correction:

I was able to reply to the CSA after all and brought up the transaction issue.

ganguy

Yes, no service from yesterday. Also, renewal is on the 9th.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ganguy 

Ok maybe giving you the $15 US Roaming bundle instead of the $15 plan ($10/30 DAY PLAN and 100 MINUTES/$5) would explain why you have no service. Did you have a new CSA helping you? Care to share a name?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ganguy 

Ok tnat is weird as that is a very coveted grandfathered plan to appear on your transaction history is very strange indeed. So you dont have service on the $15 plan....since yesterday? Was your renewal on the 9th too?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

It looks like 2nd and 3rd line cancel each other. Maybe PM made and error and then corrected it.

But if you see $60 on your account - good for you, but I doubt.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

That is odd, I have never seen that before. Hopefully a CSA can clear it up for you. Keep us updated!

ganguy

No. I'm on the 15$ plan, never make US calls.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ganguy 

Is that how your $60 Canada/US Roaming plan is normally charged? $60? vs 30 DAY PLAN...$10 and $50/8.5gb+2gb etc...?

ganguy

I spent over an hour with an agent yesterday on another matter, with no luck. As long as I'm not paying, I don't mind but it worries me that here I am with no service for no reason, and now an error in my account. This doesn't say much good about PM.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ganguy 

I know another member was given a one time credit for the lack of US service they were experiencing while roaming but I don't think it was listed in their account as a charitable discount and they didnt recieve one for their US Roaming add on? 

Edit:

Lol...maybe its one of those good glitches...?🤔🎉🎈🎊

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ganguy  looks like a gift 😀

LeePublic

Maybe it's a early Christmas in July "generous" gift..... be sure to say thank you! 😜

LeePublic

Have no idea, why don't you try contacting a CSAgent?

Need Help? Let's chat.