cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges!!!

NH9522
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is my understanding Public Mobile is a prepaid service with certain Add-Ons on the phone that will allow the use of the features. If Add-ons not subscribed then system should not enable or allow the feature to work. 

1)A call was made to area code (226) system gave me the warning of "additional charges". Call was not connected party did not answer the call. My Public Mobile account usage reports 37min and Auto-charged $5.6 to my credit card.  I am not sure if recent changes to Public Mobile affected this gap, but enjoyed the feature that would not never proceed with the call because the subscription was not on file. 

2)Need to delete my payment card on file. This recent issue makes me worry that charges not to my control will be posted to my credit card. Unable to do so without entering new payment features. Also system auto changed my payment or subscription to auto renewal. Very inconvenient. 

Please advise issue #1 and how to contest this charge. Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

@NH9522  happy that it is resolved. 

If you like , you can turn it back off.  it is called Subscribed in the new My Account site

NH9522

Issue resolved. It was an auto-renewal subscription charge. Not used to this feature. More of a notification sent to me at the end of my subscription to pay outstanding fees. This was unusual to have charges auto-charged. Feature turned off. Thank you everyone

NH9522

The subscription renewal feature changed to Auto. Used to getting PM notification regarding renewal and always ensure this feature is not set to auto. Appears recent updates or I fat fingered and turned this feature to "Active"!. The charge was for service renewal. Thank you everyone for your input. Issue resolved. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@NH9522 

can you post a screen shot of the charge in question...maybe we can get an answer here in Community.

I've been with PM for over 6 years and never experienced any unusual or extra charges unless I bought an add-on of some sort. I'm comfortable leaving my credit card on file and I'm sure you can be too...once we figure this out.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@NH9522  You will need to talk to support 

• Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box >>>>>>. Click here                 

• Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@NH9522   PM would not auto charge any amount other than your plan renewal.

For your $5.6 charge, check the Payment history on My Account to see what charge is that

to delete the credit card on file, as well as asking details for the $5.6 charge, please open ticket with PM support

Click "Yes, I'm a customer", then click "Sign In", once signed in, ignore the choices and type "Contact agent"
              Then click "Contact Us", and click "My Account".  Finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗ " and you can open the ticket
2. Or if you have trouble with Chatbot, Private message CS agent at 
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@NH9522 

Though the customer support agents:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 

2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.