cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing providers, question

LDD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My public mobile payment is due tomorrow but I’m switching to another provider on Monday. If I don’t pay my public tomorrow, can I still port my number to bell on Monday. Or do I need to keep this account paid in good standing to port my number to bell?

6 REPLIES 6

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@LDD    Who are you porting out to?  The exception to the rule of needing to have an active plan to port out, is if you were going to either Telus or Koodo.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Meow 

You can schedule or cancel a change plan on next renewal right up until 11:59:59pm eastern before your renewal date. That's cutting it awfully close so I wouldn't recommend leaving one second to spare but even 15 minutes is a comfortable margin.

To contact customer support click below:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

To pre-verify your account, provide your full name, address , your email address, phone number and 4-digit account PIN#.

@darlicious wrote:

@LDD 

You don't need to change your plan now or immediately. Just schedule a change plan on next renewal which will occur at midnight eastern tonight if your renewal date is tomorrow.

You might be correct as Plan change should charge him whatever New plan is chosen. But can you be 100% sure PM's system will consider his 'change plan on next renewal' as valid request if it is submitted on a one day Before renewal? I would not gamble with that if I was on expensive plan...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LDD 

You don't need to change your plan now or immediately. Just schedule a change plan on next renewal which will occur at midnight eastern tonight if your renewal date is tomorrow. Or tomorrow night at midnight eastern if your renewal date is Sunday. Any reason you can't activate with your new provider before Monday?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

To port out, your account has to be in good standing - active and not suspended due to no payment.

If you are on $15 plan - do nothing. You will be charged another $15 (or less) and you can proceed with porting on Monday. It will cost you $15 to keep number alive.

If you are on higher plan and want to save some money, do switch plan Now to $15. You will be charged $15 right away and your new renewal day will be 30 from today. Account will stay active.

In any case you will have to pay at least $15 (or less due to rewards...) to keep account active.

If you port Today then your account will be closed today and you will own nothing to PM.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@LDD 

Your public mobile account needs to be active to port your number elsewhere, so you will need to renew.

I would recommend renewing on the cheapest plan available, which is the $15 plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.