cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plans - will I lose my current rewards?

JennyS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'd like to change plans to the 90-day/20GB for $34.  I currently have $7 a month off for pre-authorized payment and loyalty rewards.  I don't want to switch to the points system.

If I switch over to this new plan, will I be forced into the new points system and lose all my monthly $$$ rewards?

When I tried to switch online, I got this message (see screenshot), not noting any of my current rewards.

image.png

7 REPLIES 7

sukha

The same rewards should automatically apply unless you switched it to the new rewards system. 

JennyS

Great - thank you so much!

@JennyS 

no need to worry, you will stay on the same Legacy rewards plan and will get the same rewards

With the plan change, if you are using Change on Renewal, PM will desposit the $7 discount as Available Funds on the day before the renewal (as usual), then plan change on the following day will use the rewards credit on the account.  If you change plan by using Change Now option, PM will charge you the full amount immediately and the discount will be applied back on your account as Available Funds within couple days after the plan change

JennyS

That's great, thank you for the replies. So, then I shouldn't be worried about this?? I currently have $7 each month worth of loyalty and subscription rewards and this is telling me I'm going to be charged the full $34 on my renewal date. Will my current 30-day plan rewards be taken out of this when it is charged, since rewards are paid out after the most recent billing cycle? And my 90-day plan rewards (should still be $7) will be taken out after 3 billing cycles (90 days)?

JennyS_0-1699734749107.png

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Rewards are tied up with account not plan.

Changing plan will not affect your current reward program. UNLESS YOU switch to points - which is irreversible!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

You will, absolutely, retain the legacy rewards @JennyS 

Just don't, EVER, be coaxed to switch to Public Points.

Also, we'd recommend not switching on an immediate basis, rather on your next renewal, unless you absolutely need the data allotment earlier than later and you can't wait until the next renewal date.

You should also be aware that on the renewal, you'll only get 30 day reward values (as they're paid out AFTER the recent cycle duration), then on the next renewal of the 90-day plan, you'll get 3 x 30 reward values.   If you remain on the current 30-day offering, then they'll stay at the same value for each 30-day renewal.

The now legacy rewards program is superior in almost every way - especially the Loyalty aspect of it.

Need Help? Let's chat.