Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing phones

alwaystyln
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I change phones using the same sim card

41 REPLIES 41

@KenDeJong  you put a new nana SIM into the iphone, did you contact Mod to swap SIM:

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/-H7DB-

But, if you have a Tri-punched SIM like what mentioned by @Anonymous  , similar to the pic below, and you have not request SIM swap yet, then you can careful remove the nano SIM out of the other "frame" and just put it in the new iPhone

SIM-TriCut.png

Not sure if you need,   you might have to connect your iPhone to the computer and fire iTune to update the system as well as download the carrier profile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KenDeJong : Your original was most likely able to snap out the nano from it. You don't need a new SIM. Take the SIM out of your S3 and carefully snap the smaller nano out of it and insert that into your 6s. Then keep the extra SIM for a referral.

Very old SIM's might not have been tri-punch.

KenDeJong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have put a new nano card onto my iPhone 6s. It was different then my s3 card.  Still not working.

@alwaystyln It doesn't take 24 hours for a new sim to work.  Did you try paying $1 to your account?  That could kickstart the service.

alwaystyln

I did a network reset. It possibly could be me having to wait 24 hrs .  I had to use a new sim card because my old sim is to big for the new phone. I did change sim on my account. Still no network. 

alwaystyln

I had to geta new sim because of the size and activated it on my account and still nothing. 

alwaystyln

I will wait and see thx 

alwaystyln

Yes its compatible

alwaystyln

I unlocked it 

You don't need to activate a new sim if you are changing phones.  You can either swap the sim if it is the same size or log into your account and click on change sim.

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-ons > Change SIM card

Triguy_0-1610228352339.png

1. Enter your new SIM card number into the field. Your SIM card number is found on the back of your SIM card, as outlined in the image below:

alwaystyln

I changed phones and activated new sim card but I still cant make calls. 

Bailey12

I have switched my phones a couple of times and all I had to do is put my SIM card in the new phones. It was that simple and I was ready to go again. 

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

shouldn't have to wait 24hours. It should work immediately (in seconds). If not, then it is definitely the phone's problem, either the phone is defective, or it is locked to previous carrier.

@alwaystyln  You should also check your phone model here https://willmyphonework.net/

to make sure it is fully compatible.

@CanadianStoner wrote:

@wetcoaster Help the op don't try to correct me lol.

@CanadianStoner 

Point taken, but suggesting a 24 hour wait, if that doesn't fit the information provided so far, isn't much help either, it's essentially deferring the solution to tomorrow...

alwaystyln

Ok that’s the solution the phone I’m trying to use is still locked. 👍🏼

@alwaystyln wrote:

Also it says network locked SIM card. I have punched in my 4digit password but no luck

This means the phone is locked to the previous provider. You'll need to get in touch with them to receive the unlock code. You can also do a live chat with Samsung.

alwaystyln

Also it says network locked SIM card. I have punched in my 4digit password but no luck

alwaystyln

Ok. This is weird. But I will still try and see. It does say invalid SIM card. But what I’m not understanding is I can receive calls only .

CanadianStoner

@wetcoaster Help the op don't try to correct me lol.

alwaystyln

when I call out it says not registered on network

@CanadianStoner wrote:

You said you have already switched the sim card into the new phone right? 

This can take up to 24 hours to fully register and work properly.

Hm. A SIM that worked in another phone before, which indicates that the SIM is properly provisioned? I have switched fully active SIM between different phones so many times I've lost count, including an "electronic iron age" phone with compatible 3G frequencies. Every single time the phone was fully functional immediately.

If the phone is fully compatible with 3G frequency bands B2 and B5 (the jury is still out on that until the op gives us more details), it might need a network or even factory reset.

alwaystyln

Ok will do! Thank you !

CanadianStoner

@alwaystyln If you see that your connected to the network, try cycling your phone on and off a few times, leaving it off for at least 3 minutes each time. 

alwaystyln

Oh ok . Thank you I will wait 24 hrs and see 

CanadianStoner

You said you have already switched the sim card into the new phone right? 

This can take up to 24 hours to fully register and work properly.

alwaystyln

I am just trying to switch phones today . And needed to know how 

CanadianStoner

How long ago did you switch them? 

alwaystyln

Samsung core LTE is the phone 

alwaystyln

Ok thx . I will check and see which Samsung core it is. 

Need Help? Let's chat.