cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed Plan, now my phone doesnt work

steeler_16
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

so today was my due date to pay, and I decided to change and lower my plan because I dont use as much data as I thought I needed, so i lowered the plan and paid and topped up my account, my bank says the funds were removed and now my phone doesnt work at all, its definetly on the public mobile side and its not my phone. Can anybody help me?

thanks

shaun

8 REPLIES 8

@steeler_16 wrote:

kinda dumb thats how it works because if i want to change my plan, ill have to pay another full bill just to change it even if its on the renewal date....

System is not perfect but best practice is:

- schedule plan change on next renewal

- have autopay in place or enough funds on account

This way plan will change on time and cost will be covered either from credit card or sufficient funds from account.

Everything else will just cause headache, take more money from your pocket and increase blood pressure.

@steeler_16 wrote:

Ok, thanks I just topped up to my old billing price, cancelled my new bill changes, and it worked and my phone works again... the only thing is that that is kind of wrong because if I want to increase or decrease my plan, i literally have to pay that full amount again right away.. which doesnt make sense because i just payed for a full month on my renewal date... 

anyways ill just leave it as it is since it works now..

thanks!!

I fully agree that you shouldn't have had to pay extra.  In the end, did the plan actually change though? 

steeler_16

ya I did do both of those, and so I did get it working but only because i had to pay more then i should have..

my bill renewal is today, and i lowered the tier from 45$ to 30 or around there, and i topped my account up with the full amount, the amount was taken out of my bank account, my PM account said it was active and that i didnt owe any more, except my phone didnt work...

so in the end i just cancelled my plan change, just paid the full amount and now it works again.. kinda dumb thats how it works because if i want to change my plan, ill have to pay another full bill just to change it even if its on the renewal date....

steeler_16

Ok, thanks I just topped up to my old billing price, cancelled my new bill changes, and it worked and my phone works again... the only thing is that that is kind of wrong because if I want to increase or decrease my plan, i literally have to pay that full amount again right away.. which doesnt make sense because i just payed for a full month on my renewal date... 

anyways ill just leave it as it is since it works now..

thanks!!

@steeler_16 wrote:

Do you work for Public Mobile? I Dont really want to add more funds, is there any other way? if theres no way I will but I really shouldnt have to.

thanks for the reply

I don't work for Public Mobile, but that's something that has been known to be an issue in the past.

Hi @steeler_16  Log in My Account , go to Payment History and see if it shows PM charged you,  also check if account is active

You can try to reboot phone once.

If that does not help,  open ticket with PM CS agent at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

steeler_16

Do you work for Public Mobile? I Dont really want to add more funds, is there any other way? if theres no way I will but I really shouldnt have to.

thanks for the reply

@steeler_16 wrote:

so today was my due date to pay, and I decided to change and lower my plan because I dont use as much data as I thought I needed, so i lowered the plan and paid and topped up my account, my bank says the funds were removed and now my phone doesnt work at all, its definetly on the public mobile side and its not my phone. Can anybody help me?

Please try this:  Check your Public Mobile account balance. If the balance of yoru new plan is still sitting there, please make another payment so that there is enough to cover the price of the old more expensive plan.  You shouldn't have to do that, but the Public Mobile payment systems have sometimes had an issue with trying to charge the incorrect price after a plan change.  If this works, the extra balance will remain in your account for the next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.