cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change plan at activation

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My neighbour ordered a Sim card and plan in March and never recieved the Sim card.  he ended up ordering a Sim card from Amazon but he now wants the $29/40GB plan instead of the $34/50GB plan that he ordered. Can he choose it when activating the Sim card? Or does he have to contact customer support?

He wants to activate today so he can port over his phone number before the end of his billing period. With wait times being so long for customer support I'm worried he won't get a response in time?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

RavingRaven

@golfball 

Thought about that but I know how long refunds can take so we were hoping to avoid that.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @RavingRaven 

so, your friend not finalize the activation yet? If not, he can actually ask support agent to either change the plan or cancel it first.  I know agent has been helping to cancel plans that not fully activated.  In his case, he can certainly do that

RavingRaven

@slusagm 

No the other way around. $34 to $29.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@RavingRaven 

he cannot change it himself.  If he has never used the $29 plan, he can ask support to help.  I think since it is going from $29 to $34, it is hard for support to say no

ask him to message support https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'm not sure about that. But there's nothing stopping him from making a new account and using that SIM card.

Need Help? Let's chat.