cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change number of rings until voicemail?

gary123123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why is this so difficult?  How do I change the number of rings until the phone jumps to voicemail for an incoming call?  I did this *61*1xxxyyyzzzz*11*20# and my phone tells me "Connection problem or invalid MMI code".  what in do I do to change the number of rings???

7 REPLIES 7

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

no, it's a problem with PM system, no community can help.  Need PM to check the account 

James_S

You can try as mentioned in the Koodo and TELUS communities.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

did you check with PM?? you have send them a ticket and ask?? this is a system problem, beyond what community members can help

gary123123

none of this stuff works.  It keeps telling me "connection problem or invalid MMI code".  on two phones actually. 
it could not be more ridiculous that I cannot set the number of rings.  voicemail is useless as no one will now wait 12 rings to leave a message. how can this be so stupid?

@gary123123 the steps above would work if conditional forwarding works on your phone. 

If conditional forwarding does not work, some mentioned PM support can help to restore the functionality for conditional forwarding and the rings before voicemail would then work.  Test it

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@gary123123, found this solution that was given a few years ago:

Dial this sequence: *61 *61475804001*11 *[then enter number of seconds to wait] # [SEND or CALL].

For the number of seconds to wait - choose from the following options:

For one ring, enter 5
For two rings, enter 10
For three rings enter 15
For four rings, enter 20
For five rings, enter 25
For six rings, enter 30 (this is the maximum number of rings/seconds).

Example: *61*16475804001*11*20#[SEND or CALL] - sets your phone to ring four times (20 seconds) before going to your voicemail.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@gary123123  I don’t think you can change it , unless you have setting in your phones settings 

found this for Samsung if that what you happen to  have @gary123123 

Handy1_0-1720895005125.png

Need Help? Let's chat.