cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change mobile data plan company

christyyyy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I would like to switch to another company for mobile data plans. However, I paid for a new month on Nov 28, 2023. Can I cancel the subscription and get partial refunds?

Another question is that can I bring my phone number to the new company?

Thank you. 

Christy

6 REPLIES 6

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@christyyyy 

Unfortunately, PM is a prepaid service so no refund. Not like postpaid service where you will get prorated for unused days.

Since you paid on November 28, I would suggest you stay on PM before your next renewal date which would be December 28 then port over to your new carrier 2 days before your renewal date. That way you don’t lose for the paid service until your next renewal date.

You keep your public mobile account open. Do not close it contact the new provider and let them know you want to transfer your existing number to them. Once the transfer is complete,  your public mobile account will be closed shortly after. 

christyyyy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

Thank you for your advice. How to keep my Public Mobile account active when I transfer my number?

Christy

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@christyyyy wrote:

Hi, 

I would like to switch to another company for mobile data plans. However, I paid for a new month on Nov 28, 2023. Can I cancel the subscription and get partial refunds?...Your account will deactivate after you successfully port to new provider and there's no refubds or pro-rating.

Another question is that can I bring my phone number to the new company?...Yup

Thank you. 

Christy

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@christyyyy   Public Mobile is prepaid so you are unlikely to get a refund.  Just use it until about 3 days before your expiry then get your new carrier to transfer your number from PM to them.  Your PM account must still be active when you do that or your number will be lost.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @christyyyy ,

Sorry to hear that you want to leave. Public Mobile usually doesn’t offer refunds. To cancel your subscription log on to My Account on the drop down arrow click Payments then click Manage Subscription, turn off subscribed. To port out to keep your phone number you can follow this article.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/porting-out#:~:text=In%20order%20to%20transfer%2....

Need Help? Let's chat.