Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you!

Hi @colcal59 you cannot change it yourself, only CS agent can help with that 

Please submit ticket with CS agent as follow 

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Forgot Login,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

colcal59

Please how do you change email account?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv    For sure CSA's should be well aware that the email needs to be updated in more than one place in the self serve account, but human errors (or lack of proper training) can happen even with CSA's, however, I would understand the frustration of customers who may have had to go through this if they weren't aware of this backend issue.

My email change happened back in 2019 and I've not needed to make another change since then, so I'm hoping that PM has either updated their system to automatically update the email in all the places if this still applies, or, at least, better training and protocols are being adhered to.   However, judging from some customer posts and responses by CSA's to their problem, I'm not sure better training has been in the works lately.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dabr I certainly hope this multiple-location change is no longer an issue. Can you imagine members now saying 'ensure CSA's change you email everywhere it should be reflected'. That should be a given.

Should be a qne-to-one relationship, not more than one area to change for an email, seems like much room for error this way.

But since @mimmo mentioned it maybe they know of a recent case, perhaps?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv   @HALIMACS   I can confirm what @mimmo says from past experience after trying to change an email address for one of the accounts I manage via support, email notices for password change were not being received and got confirmation from CSA's that it was due to the fact that there are two places in the account where the email needs to be updated and one was missed after the first request.  

Maybe (hopefully) this is no longer necessary with last year's account update, but it's useful to request a password reset after changing the email, just to be safe and to confirm if that no longer applies..

Interesting @dust2dust 

Thank you for that. 👍

It would be good if the customer support agents or public mobile would confirm this conclusively one way or the other.

@HALIMACS- It's rare but it has happened. Not sure if it still happens with last years system update. The understanding of the process at the time of registering was that the email address branches off to two places: the login id and the account. We used to be able to change the login id but it would not change the account copy that would still be used for a password reset. So it was kinda pointless. So they removed the option. It remained a backdoor trick via an url but I never bothered keeping it because it was pointless so I don't know if it's still there.

Gosh ... no need to apologize @paulettelbcom 

In the case of multiple posts within a few minutes, sure,  any would be fine. 

It's when a substantively similar post is offered considerably later that it is generally frowned upon that one being selected. 

Admittedly, we're all 'guilty' to some extent in doing it, however we generally try to add additional information when doing so which hasn't been offered before.

paulettelbcom

Thanks everyone, I am new at this so forgive me  if I didn’t follow protocol 

@esjliv 

I also recall @dust2dust mentioning that before (i think?)

I'm guessing it's likely accurate, however agree that one change should cover all areas in the account. 

paulettelbcom

Yes sorry I am new at this

Didn't @softech write that 15 minutes earlier?

@mimmo wrote:

@paulettelbcom  when you contact support tell them to ensure they change all instances, from what I remember the email address is located in a couple locations.

How many 'instances' could a person's email be attached to in their My Account @mimmo ?

And, has it been an issue before where someone asked to get it changed, and it wasn't changed 'everywhere'? That is a bit disconcerting.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@paulettelbcom  You need supports help to change email 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Only agent can do that for you.

To Contact CSA-agent; there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Ticket has to be opened through chatbot - https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Having a ticket is preferred way to contact agent as they might respond faster then receiving personal mail.

If opening a ticket does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking (Ctrl+)Here

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

For self-serve e-mail, you'll need customer support @paulettelbcom , as @softech outlined.

For community e-mail, you can do yourself by tapping on your 'heart' avatar, go down to My Settings, and update it there.   It's a good idea to do this after updating self-serve/account e-mail.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@paulettelbcom  when you contact support tell them to ensure they change all instances, from what I remember the email address is located in a couple locations.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@paulettelbcom   only PM support can assist with changing email on My Account

Please open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.