cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier Issue: Identity Verification for LinkedIn by CLEAR

Mustafa4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to verify my LinkedIn profile and LinkedIn works with clearme.com for verifications. I'm getting an error that my mobile carrier is not supported and I went through a lengthy support process with the CLEAR team that eventually led to them recommending I contact my mobile phone carrier, as they couldn't do anything about it. Can you please advise on how I can remedy this? 

The error message is as follows:

"We weren't able to verify your identity
Your personal information could not be confirmed. 
This might happen if you're using an internet-based phone number or on a non-major mobile carrier.
Please contact CLEAR Support or use the CLEAR APP to update it to a number from a major carrier (like Bell, Rogers, Telus)."

16 REPLIES 16

frkshww

I've been facing the same issue with CLEAR. This does not have anything to do with LinkedIn. LinkedIn relies on CLEAR to verify you. If you sign up with CLEAR directly, you get the same error:

"We weren't able to verify your identity
Your personal information could not be confirmed. 
This might happen if you're using an internet-based phone number or on a non-major mobile carrier.
Please contact CLEAR Support or use the CLEAR APP to update it to a number from a major carrier (like Bell, Rogers, Telus)."

I guess PM has no intention of resolving this with CLEAR

DoggyDog

I have the same issue with a PM phone number and CLEAR verification for LinkedIn 😞

mokamoka

@hTideGnow  , No No, my phone number was a mobile with kodoo in 2018. then I did the transfer to Public mobile in 2020 I think as I have 4$ promotional Loyalty.

And regarding this issue here is the chat text that CLEAR agent written to me :

I think you should contact your phone carrier to see if you're able to fully port your information to LinkedIn at all. Phone carriers under bigger companies such as Telus, AT&T, etc., it is recommended that LinkedIn users

connect with their carrier to identify when they’ll be fully ported to the new carrier network.

hi @mokamoka 

and the phone number was never a landline number?

I don't know, we saw couple reports about LinkedIn, and other apps/website don't have this issue.  not sure why LinkedIn has a different system

and they don't have a call back feature instead of text, right?

mokamoka

I'm with public Mobile for more than 3 years I guess Or maybe more. I ported it from Kodoo since more than 3 or years. 

hi @mokamoka 

you ported your number into PM? or you picked new number?  How long you joined PM?

mokamoka

I have the same issue.

I contacted CLEAR, and they mentioned that the problem lies in LinkedIn being unable to verify our information from Public Mobile.

They suggested that the solution is to get in touch with Public Mobile and request the removal of all restrictions, allowing LinkedIn to access our information.

I don't believe it's feasible, as Public Mobile does not provide phone call and customer service support. Consequently, we are currently unable to take any action until assistance is available from other sources.

DocG

I have the same problem and CLEAR customer service told me that you must be a direct customer of Bell, Rogers or Telus to verify - they specifically do not accept any subsidiaries. Thus there is no resolution.

JonnyT23

Same issue. I was told last month to try again in 30 days and talk to my phone provider (Sasktel). They had no clue what to do, but I am getting the same error message as well.

andyng221

Having the same issue.

I think CLEAR has the database of phone number which is VoIP provider.

I cannot verify my profile with LinkedIn, and also cannot verify with DigitalOcean, all of them saying this is VoIP number.

I think PM should check if they can help customer in this case.

CoquitlamDude

I'm having the same issue. I purchased my SIM and phone number directly from PM. Please let me know if anyone has any solutions.

It would be great if someone from PM team could reach out to CLEAR to fix this issue for everyone.
Thanks.

@Mustafa4 

sent

Mustafa4

@softech 

I was previously with Rogers (a mobile line) and am still having the same issue. Can you please share the phone number to the porting team with me as well? I switched to Public Mobile a long time ago, so not sure why it's taking so long to transfer.

@rwb2 

porting from landline usually takes 3 to 7 business days, it is normal

But I will still send you the phone number to porting team, call them and they will advise on the porting status

rwb2

I am having the same problem. My phone number was ported from Bell (a mobile line).

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mustafa4 

it is not a PM problem but a problem with the  system you are accessing , Linkedin

Did you port your phone number from a landline or VoIP provider?  Those system like Linkedin has no way to check which provider you are with, all they do is the check the origin of your phone number (by area code and the next 3 digits), and if it was originally from a landline or VoIP , they would think it is a non-Mobile line. There is really nothing PM can do as it is not a PM issue.  

Need Help? Let's chat.