cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant make or receive a call.

User123451
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is literally the worst I have ever had to deal with.  Says I cannot make a call.

21 REPLIES 21

We hijacked the thread. OP is gone.. hope he got his 15 minutes back and talking happily on the phone 

I'm just kidding guys... 🤞I'm just trying to stir the pot. 😉❤️

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel 

$10 a month when you are on a fixed income is the difference between eating for the next 3 days or not eating. Being able to feed your pet or not feed your pet. Or being able to afford your phone service or not. Being connected to the outside world is very important. Your outgoing calls may be limited but your texts and incoming calling is not and as long as people can call you to connect that is most important. Put yourself in the shoes of someone on welfare (recently increased to $935 per month in bc....less elsewhere), disability ($1358) or Canada pension and GIS (about $2200) to understand how $10 can make all of the difference in the world. Their world at least.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Same here @esjliv 

Still, I get @gpixel affection for the $25 plan if one needs unlimited outgoing calling.   It's great for that.   And yes, for the points program, the $15 plan is no where near as attractive as it once was on the old rewards program (with $2 auto-pay discounts + annual loyalty rewards), so good points there @gpixel .

I, for one, find the $15 is quite sufficient.  

@gpixel wrote:

@User123451 

the $15 plan is garbage. just upgrade to the $25 with no issues... 

@gpixel -  hatin' the $15 ?

I see only savings in my eyes!! 💲🤑

edit, no issues on my accounts for this particular plan. 👍

>I don't believe that sorry

@gpixel  no worry, I  believe every word i said.. LoL

But, don't be so subjective.. everyone is different,  the $10 difference could make a big difference to some families..  And PM business is very strong  with this low end plan, very popular plan..

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@User123451 

Your caller from the US needs an international calling plan or add on from their provider to complete their call to you. The issue is on their end not yours.

As far as you needing additional minutes to supplement your outgoing minutes on the $15 plan now that you have added funds to your account just add the one time purchase of the $5/500 min Canada wide calling add on. You will still get a text message from 611 telling you that you have 10 minutes remaining in your included plan minutes but you will switch over to using the add on minutes once you use up the 100 included outgoing minutes in your plan.

Once you renew you will switch back to using plan minutes until you run out again and then you will start using minutes from your $5/500min add on again. The add on will stay on your account supplementing your plan minutes until it is completely consumed then it will disappear from your account.

You have no need to renew your plan early to get more minutes....that is not financially advantageous. The $5/500min add on is the least expensive option. @gpixel 's suggestion only makes sense to switch to the $25 plan if you need the extra 750mb of data and you think you would exceed 1100 outgoing calling minutes per 30 days....at over 17 hours of talk time you would have to be quite the chatty Cathy to exceed that.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

I don't believe that sorry... $25 is very affordable. especially for unlimited. like I was saying guys for the majority of customers they just want their phone to work. one of my referrals also had issues with the $15 plan. it's just.a hassle...  especially with the new points program that plan is not very good at all...

Apparently they don't just bill me like every single other service in the world, I have to add minutes

@User123451 , the "every single other service " is called  post-paid service.  PM is prepaid.  Nothing Ridiculous here and you just need to understand the product you paid for it.

Why prepaid?  there is no surprise billing here.  We won't hear people with complain that Roger's charged them $500 for overage.  Here , people used up the minite or data, if they have money, they can choose to buy extra add-ons 

If it showing 85/100 in My Account, try to reboot and change the network settings to 3G only  and it might resolve your issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel : I'll pile on. I love my 3 $10 plans thank you very much. Suits me. Add-ons carry me over when needed. The minutes left text allows me NOT to constantly check my min etc. Why would they need to contact customer support? Buy the 500 minute add-on and use it as the overage for those times you go over the 100 minutes.

@User123451 : Yes, the $15 plan and all other plans here will take unlimited calls from anywhere on the planet. How THEY dial out is their problem...not here.

@gpixel wrote:

@softech 

with all the glitches the come with it. no it's not a good plan. especially for customers that don't want to constantly check their min etc. then they have to contact customer support. it's a waste of time... everybody should be able to afford a $25 plan

$15 plan is great for those who do not live IN a phone. I am happy with it and it works perfectly for me. I really would like if I could gift my unused minutes to other PM customer.

As for affordability, if you can etransfer me $10 every 30 days I would gladly switch to $25 plan. Not everybody has money tree in backyard. Please be considerate to others.

@User123451 wrote:

Ridiculous.  Yeah thats where it shows 85 / 100 minutes.  Apparently they don't just bill me like every single other service in the world, I have to add minutes.  I had an incoming call from the US that wouldnt come through and they got some strange message about it being "international" or something,.

You picket cheapest plan - $15 which has limit of outgoing minutes of 100. And now you are complaining you do not have enough? PIck next one - $25 and you will have unlimited, end of story.

Calls from US to Canada ARE international for them. Imagine... Canada is not part of US...

User123451

Ridiculous.  Yeah thats where it shows 85 / 100 minutes.  Apparently they don't just bill me like every single other service in the world, I have to add minutes.  I had an incoming call from the US that wouldnt come through and they got some strange message about it being "international" or something,.

Really @gpixel?   Garbage?

If a user is routinely (say once or twice per cycle) purchasing the $5 for 500-minute add-on, then maybe.

But I'd disagree with your view re the $15 plan for a majority of users (myself included)

To each their own.

@softech 

with all the glitches the come with it. no it's not a good plan. especially for customers that don't want to constantly check their min etc. then they have to contact customer support. it's a waste of time... everybody should be able to afford a $25 plan

@User123451 

What shows you've used 85 out of 100 minutes?   Your device, or self-serve landing page.   Specifically, what does this area show on your self-serve?

HALIMACS_0-1645830360153.png

If you're really out of minutes, adding minutes would be a 2 step process, make payment equal to the add-on amount, then select and apply the add-on.

Hopefully you selected the $5 add-on for 500 minutes, and did not try to renew your whole plan early.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You top it up with $15?
Did you buy 3x500 Canadian minutes?

Or did you just add $15 to your plan? If this is the case it will not work. You have to buy add-on $5=500 Canada wide minutes.

@gpixel wrote:

@User123451 

I hope this is just a joke  🙂

I guess everyone needs is different, $15 does serve well for some people  🙂

@User123451 

@User123451 wrote:

Really ridiculous. I apparently have used 85 out of 100 minutes.  But I still topped off with another $15 for more calls still won't work,

@User123451   

Even you used up all your minutes , you should still be able to receive incoming calls.  It is unlimited incoming calls for all current PM plans.  Try to reboot your phone or change your Network setting to 3G Only or WCDMA only

For the 100 outgoing minutes you have, like other carriers, PM rounds the calls up to the next minute.  So, a call that is  1 minute 35 second  will be counted as 2 minutes  So, it could be why you think you used 85 minutes but they are all gone now

For the Top up for $15, login to My Account, do you see it sitting there as Available Fund ?  if so, then it is ok.  You cannot just top up $15  and have the plan early renewed that way.    You have to open ticket with PM Support to have them process the early renewal for you

But a better way in your case is to buy the 500 minutes Canada Wide Calling add-on for $5.  They are non-expiring, only expired after all used up.  When you regular 100 minutes are all used, PM will take the minutes from the add on.   If you have added $15 already and see it in the Available Fund on My Account, you can head over to the Purchase Add-On page and pick the add-on.  (If you go with this option, the other $10 will stay as Available Fund and will be used towards your next renwal)

But if you want to do an early renewal, then open ticket with PM Support, they will use the money on the Available Fund (I assume you topped up $15 and it is sitting there) .  Please open ticket using one of the 2 ways:

1. If you have access to Self-Serve My account: For faster response (2-48 hours) , Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with above method: you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

User123451

Really ridiculous. I apparently have used 85 out of 100 minutes.  But I still topped off with another $15 for more calls still won't work,

Need Help? Let's chat.