cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant activate account

samdent1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there. I am trying to create an account however when I put in the SIM number, it is telling me the number is invalid. is there a certain format it needs to be in? Double checked the SIM. thanks 

8 REPLIES 8

@samdent1  Awesome welcome to public mobile. We're happy to help. Come back anytime.

samdent1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks folks, was able to make it work. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@samdent1  If you started without clearing your browser and using secret/incognito you can have an error immediately with the SIM card. As long as the SIM card is properly attached to the full card it should be good. As mentioned you must wait a full hour before trying again.  Take these steps and you should have success. Don't forget the referral code on the first page and write down your pin, security, question and answer. Make sure you type everything in manually. Credit card info copy from your billing address on statement. You may need all CAPS. Do not fill in apt/unit box and leave no space in postal code. Word of warning theres been nothing but trouble with visa/debit use a credit card if you can.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

Possibility of someone could have used that sim number before by mistake. Someone else could typed wrong number and activated that one. If that hapenned, you need replacement.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@samdent1The Public Mobile SIM card starts with 8912230 If you got your SIM card from a store like Walmart there is always a potential problem of staff mix faulty / previously activated cards with new ones. If you got it from the retail store and have trouble activating it, I suggest go back and ask for a new one.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@samdent1 also wait 1 hour before trying again because the system puts a 1 hr hold on a session after you first enter the Sim card number on the activation page! 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@samdent1 

No specific format.  Just enter the numbers without spaces, etc.

Website can be finicky.  Maybe try a different web browser, clearing cache or incognito mode.  Chrome incognito works well.  

Did you purchase a new SIM card recently?  Can't re-use SIM cards.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@samdent1 wrote:

Hi there. I am trying to create an account however when I put in the SIM number, it is telling me the number is invalid. is there a certain format it needs to be in? Double checked the SIM. thanks 

You can try clearing your cache and cookies before retrying.  Also try a different browser, and incognito mode.  Of course, triple check the SIM numbers you are entering.

If nothing helps send a message via SIMon to moderators here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Need Help? Let's chat.