cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot recieve texts in uk to complete verifications

sykes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone,

I live in Canada and am over in the UK to see family.
I cannot however receive any texts which means I cannot log into my bank or credit card which has left me a bit scuffed. I purchased the UK 1000 Minutes Add-On, but still no luck. Any Advice?

If I try to call I get the message "Not Registered on Network" and if I try to text it says "Trouble Sending".

-- cs

2 REPLIES 2

PhoneHome8932
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If both sender and receiver of the text use RCS (Rich Communication Services) option in your messages app, you should be able to get the text to your Public Mobile # via WIFI or DATA connection to the internet. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sykes 

there is no roaming service for PM in UK.  What you got (the  UK 1000 Minutes Add-On, ) was not roaming, but a UK Long distance calling which only allows you to call FROM Canda to UK and not a UK roaming addon.  There is no UK roaming service for PM

For your issue, you need to contact our bank, tell them you are in UK and cannot recieve 2FA and ask them for other verification.  You can use VoIP app TextNow to call back Canada for free and talk to your bank on that.  No worries, it is a common issue for 2FA and banks know what to do 

for your login, you can have it sorted out when you are back in Canada when you can receive text

for the UK Long distance addon that you got, if you don't need it anymore, you might want to open ticket with PM support and them the misunderstanding and they likely will be able to reverse the transaction. 

Need Help? Let's chat.