cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive calls after porting in

sushiroll
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my number from Freedom over 12 hours ago and cannot receive calls. I have tried restarting my phone multiple times, as well as removing and reinserting my SIM card with no luck. I can still send and receive texts as well as make calls out, I just cannot receive calls in. I think I have an incomplete port and would like to get it sorted out. 

Edit: I had already followed the port out instructions and sent the confirmation text to Freedom. After I sent the text, I no longer received text messages, which prompted me to swap sims at that point. After I swapped sims I was able to send and receive texts again, this time on the Public network, and could make calls out but not receive them.

I am currently waiting on a response via message from a moderator / support person. Phoning in for port order support only directs you to Telus / Koodo / PC Mobile.

Edit #2: I am fully on the Public network now. Apparently, my initial approval to port out was never received by Freedom, and then a new request was rejected because Freedom had spelled my name wrong on my account. Anyway, many calls and messages later, I'm finally able to move on. Thank you to Maria for helping me out!

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel 

You have often referred the $15 plan as "crapola" and I can only assume you personally had issues with it? Please list what they were.....? I manage many accounts with the $15 plan that have never had a single issue with that plan. Nor have I with my one account with the $15 plan. But of course website issues are a completely different matter?!!

@coddx 

I find the website often likes to malfunction around 11pm-1am ET and then high traffic hours 11am-1pm, 4-7pm ET. even with the old website it was similar. planning ahead is the best way to avoid headaches.

coddx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the advice.

- I'll try not to use autopay

- my login failed not due the expired credentials but due the malfunctioning website. I was able to login after two/three days outage using my regular credentials.

- the rest i already know

@coddx 

the goal is to learn the workarounds so one doesn't need customer support. I never have service issues. 

• always prepay right after the account renews and don't rely on autopay
  • login to the website at least once every 2 months to avoid the system from deleting the credentials 
  • learn how to private message customer support just incase there are issues creating a ticket

follow these 3 rules and you won't need to contact customer support and you will have a reliable service. the $15 plan is poo and is always experiencing issues

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@sushiroll 

after porting one should always reset their network settings. 

coddx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is a well-known problem, and many people here had and keep having it. I activated two phones couple months ago. One worked always OK, another one that has a cheaper plan was/is problematic. It didn't receive SMS and calls from some numbers after the activation. Eventually the Public fixed the problem, and for some time the service was OK, or so it seemed, because as I mentioned not all numbers cannot reach me, i.e. some work OK. But now since couple of days I'm having this problem Again. Nobody here can really give you an advice because this problem is caused by malfunctioning Public Mobile network, and only their technicians can fix it. Simple like that.

As a side note, the My Account website malfunctions pretty often too. The logins fail with a system error on the website. So that not only your phone not working properly, but you are also not able to ask for help.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Maybe you did not follow porting instructions to the letter.

When you call somebody, what number they see? Yours 'ported' or some temp number?

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@sushiroll hi it sounds like you didn't leave your old sim in your phone to receive port request,you need to reply yes within 90 minutes for port to complete I will private message you number to call to reinitiate port request 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @sushiroll did you receive a text from Freedom and did you reply YES? it won't work if that step not done. 

I will send you a number to PM porting support.  Call them and they will advise.  Please check your inbox on top right for my message 

Need Help? Let's chat.