cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive call from landline

LS88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ported my number from Fido yesterday. Everything seems to be working except when I call my cell from a landline. It says cellular number not assigned. But I am able to call my landline from my cell.

7 REPLIES 7

@Ladie1 wrote:

LS88 exactly the same thing happened to me when I ported my landline number from Bell MTS to Public Mobile.

Things were in that halfway state for 2-3 working days.  Unfortunately I made the request just before the weekend, so it was really 4-5 calendar days before the process was complete.  It might take even longer during the Christmas season.   

Don't know if it's the same with a Fido to PM number port, but a Bell Customer Service agent told me it takes longer at their end than for PM to send the request.  She reassured me it was underway.  If it's not resolved tomorrow or whenever Fido CS is back at work, you might give them a call.

This isn't a number port from a landline.  I should have completed within a few hours.

In this type of situaiton, Fido usually shouldn't be contaced. It's Public Mobile is responsible for all aspects, including troubleshooting, of number porting when a number is being ported to Public Mobile.

Ladie1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

LS88 exactly the same thing happened to me when I ported my landline number from Bell MTS to Public Mobile.

Things were in that halfway state for 2-3 working days.  Unfortunately I made the request just before the weekend, so it was really 4-5 calendar days before the process was complete.  It might take even longer during the Christmas season.   

Don't know if it's the same with a Fido to PM number port, but a Bell Customer Service agent told me it takes longer at their end than for PM to send the request.  She reassured me it was underway.  If it's not resolved tomorrow or whenever Fido CS is back at work, you might give them a call.

Good luck!

@LS88 wrote:

I called the number u give me, they said the number has be ported and think it is a tech problem, transfer me over to tech support but the person I talked to say can’t help me because they only deal with Telus customers😭

HI @LS88

first, reboot the phone once more.  You might just need one more reboot.  

can you receive calls from other people? try calling from different phones, make sure they have different providers

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Also please note that it can take a little longer to transfer a landline to a cellular device. That said, it is good to follow the suggested steps provided by others below.

@LS88  Send a private message to PM customer support using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

An agent will reply to your inbox, envelope icon top right or tap your avatar for Messages if no envelope

LS88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I called the number u give me, they said the number has be ported and think it is a tech problem, transfer me over to tech support but the person I talked to say can’t help me because they only deal with Telus customers😭

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @LS88 

you sure you can receive calls from people other than your landline? 

did you get a text from Fido and ask you for your permission to allow the port? did you reply the text?

If no inbound calls at all, look like porting was not done.  Please call Porting team for update.  I will send you the porting team number, check your Community inbox

Need Help? Let's chat.