cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make out going calls without adding 1

chy1013m1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, since a week ago, i cannot make out going calls 

unless I add a 1 in front of the number. 

My public mobile number starts with 416 , even when I dial a 647 number

I have to add a 1-647 for the call to go out. 

Is this expected ? 

I also think this is causing all my calls to consume my international phone call minutes ? 

help please. 

15 REPLIES 15

@chy1013m1   i guess at this point, you need to engage PM support:

Please open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

chy1013m1

Hi, yes i am on pixel 3 .  Already tried airplane mode, + reboot.  None works. 

I also tried on my Pixel 4a.  Same issue. 

@chy1013m1   try to power down 5 mins trick first, hope it helps

and what model and brand of the phone you have? it could be related with VoLTE

and you have another phone to test the PM sim?  if it have one, it can force a sim reprovision and it could resolve your issue quickly without CS agent help

chy1013m1

Hi, yes I am in downtown toronto. Phonecall used to work.  But it gradually stopped working

about 2 weeks ago, i had to add a "1"  disregarding where I am ( i am in toronto!) 

and now, today,  I cannot make any phone calls.  (But I can receive  text, I can receive phonecalls)

@chy1013m1 so, adding 1 might or might not help?

and are you in Toronto?  Keep in mind, when you are away from Toronto, let say you are up north in Barrie, you need to include the 1 to call Toronto, even it is a free call anyway

You can try to turn off the phone for 5 mins, then power up and try again

if nothing works, PM support is your friend, Please open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

chy1013m1

Hi , I am not completely unable to make outbound phone calls.  If I add 1 or not to a Toronto destination number . 

If i don't add a 1 , i get an audio telling me (6 UT 1, the number is not in service) 

if I add a 1,  it just says  "call ended" 

Admin please help me. Please tell me who to private message. 

I am on the 

CURRENT PLAN

$40
15 GB

data at 4G Speed

• • 30-day plan
  • • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • • Unlimited International Text

plan

Pop_Eye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Nezgar 

And adding +1 will fix that. 

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@chy1013m1   If you have physically moved away from Toronto to a place that is not local to area code 416, 647, and 437 (ie if you drove over to Sault Ste. Marie ON), your call to area code 416, 647, and 437 would now require the 1 prefixed, since it is now a long distance call from Sault Ste. Marie to Toronto, even though your own phone has a 416 Toronto number, this makes no difference.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@chy1013m1 Do you have the $15 plan by any chance?

If you have used up the 100 “plan” minutes and are now using minutes from an international talk addon, that could be why calls suddenly require prefixes now. Purely guessing here...lol

chy1013m1

Hi thanks for the replies. 

The issue for me is,  i was able to make calls without the "1" in front. 

But since a week ago, I need to add 1   otherwise  public mobile will tell me the number is not in service . 

When I tried the same on my other Pixel 4a phone,  the screen will just say  "invalid number"  (without the 1) 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @chy1013m1 using the 1 is optional for local calls, but it won't hurt.  I have been saving 1 to all my contacts 

if you really don't like it, I think you can check with PM agent to fix it

Pop_Eye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have you tried +1. Apparently  you can add that to every number. And when you are visiting in an area that you normally call LD.....needs no changes.  I have added +1 to most of my numbers....no issues. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@chy1013m1  Yes and it’s need for texting also 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@chy1013m1 

that doesn't consume international minutes unless you've run outta regular plan minutes.

chy1013m1

Things i have already tried

- reboot phone

- tried the SIM card on a Pixel 4a phone

- Tried to use 3G instead of LTE 

behavior is the same (cannot make outbound call without adding a 1 infront of the number) 

However, I am able to text the number without the 1-  in front .

Need Help? Let's chat.