cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANT DIAL *611

Muzammal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Whenever my minutes are up, I reload them by dialling *611 and then following through with the steps. Today I tried and it would just cut me off. I can’t dial *611

11 REPLIES 11

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@AM7 

When all else fails contact customer support as they can add the vouchers for you and if needed set up your self serve account for you. Follow the instructions given to you by @softech .

Is there wifi in the hospital? Can you try 611 some more. Sometimes I have to try again. You didn't say if you were currently suspended. I don't recall being able to call the toll free number when suspended. Just 611. Can you call any other numbers?

Can you set your phone to 3G-only and try again?

Adding - @AM7 

AM7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hallo and thank you for your response.

I have already purchased my payment vouchers.

I have been with PM since 2010 and this is how I have always paid my monthly bill.

I am in the hospital (not old or dumb, just VERY FRUSTRATED). so I have very limited access to alternative methods of communication.

My phone is not processing the calls (either by "1.855.4PUBLIC" or "*611") so that I can pay with my payment vouchers.  This has not been a problem in the past.

Again, I have been with PM since 2010.  It should not be difficult to process a bill payment.

This is ABSURD to me.

@AM7   try to call 1.855.4PUBLIC from another phone and it should work that way

If not , you can buy vouchers online at ding.com or recharge.com or muskbird.com (with a fees), the you can load your voucher from My Account.  I suggest you do that way if you are still unable to use *611 or 1.855.4PUBLIC

And a workaround in the meantime to make calls and text is to download VoIP app TextNow.  They will assign you another 10 digits phone numbers and you can calls using the app

if you really need PM support to look into it, then open ticket using chatbot

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

AM7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re:  URGENT!!  i AM IN A TORONTO HOSPITAL (as a patient) and for the FIRST TIME IN 4 years, I am UNABLE TO PAY MY PHONE.  My phone will not allow me to dial the "1-855" number or "*611".

I have been with PM since 2010.

PLEASE can someone respond to me?

I have my Payment Vouchers, but am UNABLE TO PAY.

My cell phone is my life-line to my other doctors.

Thank you.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Muzammal 

Call 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit phone #. You can then add your voucher. For future reference here's extra info on vouchers....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Muzammal   

It works for me.

Try wait a minute or two and call again

or you can login My Account and load the voucher there if you remember the login 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Muzammal Look like there is some issue with PM *611, couple posts complained the problem today

Try calling 1-855-4PUBLIC and see if it works

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sometimes the Ivr system can glitch like that, just retry your call, others will offer further advice, look for more posts to follow.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Sometimes I have to try a few times.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Muzammal 

I just dialed 611 and seems to be working here ok. Give it awhile and re-try.

Need Help? Let's chat.