cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot call the usa from Canada

spacecraftearth
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just added a usa roaming bundle and am unable to call the usa from canada.  Do I need to be in the usa first?

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@spacecraftearth 

Do you intend to go to the US? Or did you just purchase the wrong add on? You can ask customer support to remove it and ask for a credit.  You can purchase the $15/1000min add on or download a voip provider app such as textnow or fongo and call for free.

@Gunner123 wrote:

@spacecraftearth hi ask for a refund the 3g is shut down in the states the roaming talk addons are totaly useless 

Public Mobile US Roaming will be on the T-Mobile 2G network.  There could still be some service issues but that is what we have for current information

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Gunner123- It's being alleged here by some that T-Mobile will apparently allow Public roamers to use their 2G system. I haven't seen this verified yet.

Adding - Nothing has been officially announced. It's just an alleged rumour at this point until a customer reports back testing and verifying if talk works on 2G specifically. I'd be interested to know from that testing whether with the phone sitting idle on LTE whether it will automatically drop down to 2G for talk the same way it does with 3G.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@spacecraftearth hi ask for a refund the 3g is shut down in the states the roaming talk addons are totaly useless 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@spacecraftearth the US roaming is for when you are in the US.  If you are trying to call the US from Canada you will need the Long Distance add-on that includes  US calling.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@spacecraftearth yes you need to be in the US first if you want a refund  

contact a cs agent

1. you can open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

2. alternatively you can private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check your community envelope for a reply

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@spacecraftearth hi the 10 day roaming packages are for use in the US not from Canada to the US, there is a 1000 minute 15 dollar add on for use in Canada to the US

Need Help? Let's chat.