cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card does not work

wei-wang_1999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I just bought SIM card from the store yesterday, but my old SIM card with Bell was broken in the cell phone that cannot be took out, so I cannot receive msg from bell to release current service with bell, so that I cannot use public service now because of that..can I change new phone number to avoid current Bell service? or do you have any solutions? Thanks, Wei

25 REPLIES 25

MrSpock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@wei-wang_1999 hi yes you can take a new number here when you activate a plan 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@wei-wang_1999 hi are you able to use your public sim with your phone or is the phone broken? if your not to fond of your bell number just close your bell account and take a new number here 

@wei-wang_1999 

I would consider replacing the Bell SiM card. It can be inserted into a another compatible phone so that the numbe porting can be completed.

wei-wang_1999

Hi, I already activated SIM card with my old phone number on Public Mobile online, but I only can call outgoing and cannot receive phone call or msg, maybe because I cannot receive msg from Bell to release current service.

wei-wang_1999

I can use Public mobile SIM card insert to my new phone, not broker phone, I would like to change new phone number, please let me know how to change phone number online..

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@wei-wang_1999 

If you activated more than 90 minutes ago you will have to reinitiate the port request and immediately call Bell and verbally authorize the port request after verifying you're the account holder. Either contact customer support or call the telus porting department with your bell account # to make the port request. I will private message you the phone #.

mu100

To change your phone number you login to your selfserve account.  

On the overview page in the My Profile box you can click on 'Change Number'  or you can go to 'Plan and addon" tab and click on 'change phone number' there

wei-wang_1999

i changed new phone number online, I also called Bell to close current account, how should I have my phone work now? Thanks, Wei

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mu100 

The OP has already made the port request upon activation. Using the change number function now would cause the loss of their phone # from bell. Warning of this possibility is important in case the phone # is vital. ( Although its sounds like the OP is flexible.)

@wei-wang_1999

A completed port automatically closes the old account. Choosing a new number before the port completes will keep the bell account open requiring you to continue to pay until you cancel it.