cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card does not work

wei-wang_1999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I just bought SIM card from the store yesterday, but my old SIM card with Bell was broken in the cell phone that cannot be took out, so I cannot receive msg from bell to release current service with bell, so that I cannot use public service now because of that..can I change new phone number to avoid current Bell service? or do you have any solutions? Thanks, Wei

25 REPLIES 25

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Yes indeed....I also have an interestingly similar story to tell you one of these days....

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@wei-wang_1999 

Ok....regardless don't cancel your bell account. When you talk to them explain the issue. Tell themvyo keep your account open and retain the phone number on it. In the meantime open a ticket via SIMon and ask customer support to cancel the change number request you made in your account. Decide if you want a new number or your bell phone #. If you want your bell number then ask customer support to reinitiate the port request and at that time call Bell back to authorize the second port request. 

wei-wang_1999

yes

Well that's good news. A little disturbing that Bell would let it go without confirmation though.

wei-wang_1999

we got done from Telus, than you so much!

??? You said earlier that you had cancelled your Bell service.

So you don't care to keep your old number and you also wouldn't care if you get a new number.

You have two avenues of choice:

1 - Keep old number

a - get a new Bell sim and change it in your account at Bell (if that account is still active)

i - then put that it in a working phone and call the Telus number and re-do the transfer and confirm the text

b - or call them Bell to verbally allow the transfer for when you call Telus to re-do the transfer

Transferring will close the old account.

2. Get new number

a - use the change number service in the new account here and select a new number.

i - the attempted transfer will fail because you didn't confirm it either by text or verbal.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@wei-wang_1999 

The telus porting department cannot help you at the moment....we are beyond that. To the best of my understanding you have to ask public mobile customer support to withdraw the porting request to bell. Unless you entered an alternate phone number with your port request upon activation then there is a small chance they will call you. Just contact customer support and explain everything you did in the order you did it and they will sort it out. Using the change number function mid port and then cancelling your bell account has caused a giant problem.

wei-wang_1999

I did not cancel bell yet as I have to take long time to wait.. I can either use current one or new one, doe not matter for me..the problem is that I cannot receive msg fro Bell to port now as old phone broken, please let me know which way is easy to get phone work..

wei-wang_1999

I followed your instruction as above that to change phone number to avoid Bell service, but I did not know I can change after I contact Bell, how SIMon can help me? they always answer my question automatically, I do not think they can fix my specific problem.

Which phone number do you want? The old Bell one? Or maybe a new one that you might have chosen here? If the Bell one then you need to get them reactivate your account since you said you manually asked them to cancel it, which is the wrong way to do that. Then you can use the Telus porting number to get them to re-do the request.

wei-wang_1999

you mean I need to call Telus support to cancel port request? or Bell?

wei-wang_1999

new phone number did not changed on my phone yet

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@wei-wang_1999 

Changing a phone number mid port has caused an issue. You have to contact customer support to cancel the port request with them and get the phone number assigned to the account.

Edit:

Unfortunately you made an easy fix much more difficult. Now you have to get customer support to fix it.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

wei-wang_1999

public mobile shows as my network now, but I cannot receive call and msg

That's a problem. As mentioned above. So you'll need to go and beg Bell to let you back in to properly finish the transfer.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@wei-wang_1999 

Put the pm sim card in and reboot. Do you see public mobile showing as your network?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mu100 

The OP has already made the port request upon activation. Using the change number function now would cause the loss of their phone # from bell. Warning of this possibility is important in case the phone # is vital. ( Although its sounds like the OP is flexible.)

@wei-wang_1999

A completed port automatically closes the old account. Choosing a new number before the port completes will keep the bell account open requiring you to continue to pay until you cancel it.

wei-wang_1999

i changed new phone number online, I also called Bell to close current account, how should I have my phone work now? Thanks, Wei

mu100

To change your phone number you login to your selfserve account.  

On the overview page in the My Profile box you can click on 'Change Number'  or you can go to 'Plan and addon" tab and click on 'change phone number' there

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@wei-wang_1999 

If you activated more than 90 minutes ago you will have to reinitiate the port request and immediately call Bell and verbally authorize the port request after verifying you're the account holder. Either contact customer support or call the telus porting department with your bell account # to make the port request. I will private message you the phone #.

wei-wang_1999

I can use Public mobile SIM card insert to my new phone, not broker phone, I would like to change new phone number, please let me know how to change phone number online..

wei-wang_1999

Hi, I already activated SIM card with my old phone number on Public Mobile online, but I only can call outgoing and cannot receive phone call or msg, maybe because I cannot receive msg from Bell to release current service.

@wei-wang_1999 

I would consider replacing the Bell SiM card. It can be inserted into a another compatible phone so that the numbe porting can be completed.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@wei-wang_1999 hi are you able to use your public sim with your phone or is the phone broken? if your not to fond of your bell number just close your bell account and take a new number here 

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wei-wang_1999 hi yes you can take a new number here when you activate a plan 

Need Help? Let's chat.