cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access account and number not working

BlondeBoater
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have just received a new sim card as I have moved my number from Koodo to Public mobile. However, I am unable to access the account. 

On the app it says that my account is activated with my number, but to get full access to the account I get the following message online and on the public mobile app

We’ve noticed you have an active Public Mobile service and would like to confirm your full access.

A 6 digit code associated with your EverSafe ID will be sent to your phone number

We will need you to confirm this number. 

The problem is that it says we need to confirm this number, but when I click confirm device, the following message shows up 

You’re logging in from an unknown device To confirm it's you, enter the 6-digit code sent to *********366 

As there is not yet full access and the sim is not appearing to work, when I click this link there is no 6 digit code sent to me. i.e. I do not get any message on my phone. How am I supposed to get access to the account and have the number start working if it is requiring to send a message to the number?

8 REPLIES 8

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BlondeBoater 

Your Sim card did not provision correctly upon activation otherwise you should have full working services (calls/texts/data). If your Koodo account is closed and Sim no longer working then your port has completed to Public Mobile.

Since you have already submitted a ticket to customer support ask the agent to provision your Sim card to your account. Once that is done you will be able to recieve the 6 digit text code.

Eregawn

Maybe your account is not fully xfered over from the old service provider to public mobile. Think it says it could take up to 5 hours. Once its xfered over you should be able to receive txt msg then u can resend that code.

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@BlondeBoater, are you seeing the option to resend the 6 digit code but with the ability to send to email?

Eregawn

Are you able to make calls with the phone? Are you just having a problem getting into the public mobile app?

BlondeBoater

Does not work, the old sim card is no longer working.

Eregawn

Try putting in your old sim card to see if you are going to receive that txt

BlondeBoater

Yes got it in the mail. When I try to login with the app it creates that message, and then tries to send a code to my phone number, which under the account says that it is active, but my phone does not show a working sim and so no messages or calls can be sent or received. 
I have sent a message to the CS_agent, I am hoping to receive a note soon as I am currently left without a phone which is a concern.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@BlondeBoater you just got the sim card in the mail?? Did you try using the app to login??  if it does not work, Best to ask support agent to update the sim card number for you. Message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.