cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Use My Long Distance "Calling Card" on my phone.

Brit101101
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I try to make an out of prov. call, my plan only has prov. wide calling area, I hear the recorded message "We're sorry you cannot make the call because you've used all available minutes.....:". I believe the problem arose when I needed some out of prov. phone minutes. Purchased them, but they did not kick in until my auto pay date. So I purchased a Calling Card and was using that. Unknown to me, when my pub. mobile minutes kicked in because my autopay date came due, pub. mob. was deducting min. when I was using my Calling Card to make out of prov. calls. Now that I used up my autopay out of prov. min. I get the message "We are sorry, you cannot......" How do I get the message to stop, I prefer "Calling Card" to PubMob minutes? I cannot make out of prov. calls now, only after three tries does the call go through using the calling card,it has been like this for two weeks.TIA

13 REPLIES 13

HI @Brit101101   So, you have programmed the calling card and the PIN?    If that is the case, try to manually enter the calling card number, press send and enter the PIN.  Do it the manual way , one step at a time after you heard the prompt. 

Brit101101

The c.c. # and pin are programmed in the phone, when that  is entered the c.c. greeting is heard with my time left on the card. Then the nasty message from the P.M. Sorry.your call cannot be completed since you've used all available minutes........

I have not changed anything for years, just new pin numbers when req'd and no problem, this just started about 2 wks. ago out of the blue.

@Brit101101 wrote:

Yes esjliv my account is currently active, paid with autopay.

Positive the "Calling Card" is a local #. Have been using C.C. for years with no issue.

That is why I think when I had the 500 addon min. with P.M. and they got drained while using the C.C. to call outside the prov. that the annoying P.M. message started.

HI@Brit101101    can you tell us how you call the CC?

Usually you enter the calling card local number, then press send.   You will hear the calling card greeting. Then you just enter the calling card PIN and then enter the L.D. phone number.  At which point you hear the PM warning ?

Did you try to use the VoIP app to use the Calling Card?  Try that.

Brit101101

Yes esjliv my account is currently active, paid with autopay.

Positive the "Calling Card" is a local #. Have been using C.C. for years with no issue.

That is why I think when I had the 500 addon min. with P.M. and they got drained while using the C.C. to call outside the prov. that the annoying P.M. message started.

HI @Brit101101   So, you can all the calling calling number too?  did you use this type of calling call before and did it work when you use it on your PM phone?  I am suspecting you enter the sequence wrong.  🤔

Brit101101

Yes Tide can call other numbers in my province. I can call the number for the calling card also, but a message from public mobile says I have no more minutes of their addon.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Brit101101 Is your account currently Active, can you check your self serve or call 611?

Although you are hearing that message, so I don't believe you would receive this message if your account is in suspended status.

Can you try adding " 1 " in front of the Calling Card number?

Are you sure the calling card number is s a local number to call?

As for your 'out of prov. phone minutes', you are referring to the $5 Canada Wide / 500 minute addon, I believe?

When you successfully add an addon to your account, they are available to use right away. But, your plan needs to be in Active status to use the addons.

Hi @Brit101101   are you able to call other number in your province now?  You just cannot call that number for the calling card?

Brit101101

Tide I have unlimited outgoing minutes for my prov.

@Brit101101 wrote:

Meow, my plan is the old $20/month plan, unlimited prov. minutes, no data, no out of prov. calls, no text. I prefer the "Calling Card" because it allows me to call Canada  and the U.S. $5 for 26 hrs of out of prov. calls. Call. Card has a local access number. It never req'd PM minutes before the last two weeks.

HI @Brit101101   are you calling a local number to your province? or a 1-800 number/

As a workaround, try to use the VoIP app, Fongo or TextNow.  Actually I suggest you to keep using it and then you don't have to worry about it that calling cards minutes 

Brit101101

Meow, my plan is the old $20/month plan, unlimited prov. minutes, no data, no out of prov. calls, no text. I prefer the "Calling Card" because it allows me to call Canada  and the U.S. $5 for 26 hrs of out of prov. calls. Call. Card has a local access number. It never req'd PM minutes before the last two weeks.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

What plan you are now?

You should upgrade your plan to any current plan as all are now Canada wide plans.

Add-on should work right away not waiting for renewal.

Calling card usually has access number you have to call. So it will use your PM minutes ($15 Plan) to call access number.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@Brit101101 , all current plans are not Canada-Wide minute with the same amount, why not make a plan change?

And you have $15 plan for limited outgoing minutes?  if that is the case, yes, calling the Calling card number will cost you minute

For quick workarounds, download VoIP app such as Fongo or TextNow, call the calling card using the app instead

Need Help? Let's chat.