cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling plan

Asheriff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I canceled my plan halfway through my billing cycle. Wondering if I still owe money? Do you pay for the month ahead or back dated? They locked me out of my account since canceling so I cannot check! 

9 REPLIES 9

@Jaybyrd2000 wrote:

Hello, I would recommend getting on the phone with public for if your card is still on you DO NOT WANT IT ON STILL for it could be a fake web or smt.

Please be aware that Public Mobile's customer service department can't be phoned.

Jaybyrd2000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I would recommend getting on the phone with public for if your card is still on you DO NOT WANT IT ON STILL for it could be a fake web or smt.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Asheriff 

If service was postpaid then you will get a credit but unfortunately PM is prepaid service so no refund.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@Asheriff   To cancel your plan, make sure you port out your number, which your account will be closed immediately once porting completed, or disable Pre-Authorized payment and the plan will be suspended at the end of the cycle

Good news is that you already paid ahead, so, you don't owe PM money, you just walk away

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Ho did you 'cancel' your account?

If you did port out your number then your account is deleted and you should not be charged on next renewal date. But monitor your credit card as accidental do occur from time to time.

I hope you asked agent to delete your credit card info from your account before 'cancelling' it.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Asheriff 

If you can’t sign in – you’re all good and everything is closed and taken care of.

As a prepaid provider, you never owe anything or have arrears or amounts to pay.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Asheriff - how did you cancel your account? If you ported out (see @Handy1 post).

If you removed Autopay or listed your phone into lost/stolen status then your account is still current with public mobile and once in nonpay status for over 90 days your account closes automatically.

There is no prorating ported/cancelled(suspended) accounts mid-cycle, as services are prepaid here.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Asheriff how you "cancel" your account?  did yiu port out your number?

PM is prepaid service, yiu paid ahead for the following 30 day.  So, you don't owe PM money, but PM won't refund the unused amount for the days yiu don't use as well

Hope you like your new provider 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Asheriff  No PM is prepaid so once you port number out it automatically closed account and you won’t be billed again or you can log k to self serve and disable auto pay and won’t be charged again if you do not port number and want account to close 

Need Help? Let's chat.