cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling my plan from abroad

AnnaHlavsova
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to cancel my plan however I am abroad and I do not have signal. How can I cancel my plan?

5 REPLIES 5

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@AnnaHlavsova 

Can you advise if you will be returning to Canada and wish to resume the same plan?

If so, and depending on the duration of your time away from Canada, instead of allowing your plan to become suspended/disabled, you may want to just change to the $15 plan.

If you are permanently not needing the Public Mobile service, please follow above advice from other posters.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@AnnaHlavsova 

If you have an access to a computer where you are. Login to your Self Serve account and remove your CC information and on AutoPay.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

As long as you have access to your self-serving account, just remove credit card you have on file with PM.

Try to turn off auto-pay either from account or calling 611.

Due to no payment your account will be suspended for 90 days and after that deleted, phone number lost.

Any payment plan in full before 90 days will rejuvenate account and you will be able to continue using it.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AnnaHlavsova   Disabling Autopay or removing payment card  from the system  as advised by @esjliv  is the way to "cancel" the plan.  The plan will go into Suspended stage after the current cycle and the account will be closed after 90 days.

You still have access to My Account?  If you have forgotten the login, you will have to either use Forgot password link there or you will have to open ticket with PM Support to reset the password.   To engage PM Support : 

Spoiler

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Forgot Login Information", click "Contact Us", click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@AnnaHlavsova  - log into your self serve account and remove any registered credit card you may have entered.

If you have not created an account, you can create one here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Public Mobile plans work whilst you are in Canada only.

If you are in the USA there are Roaming addons you can purchase by calling 611 or purchasing then through your self serve account.

Once you remove any payment card from your account, it will go suspended on next renewal (unless you have enough funds in your account to renew it...in this case list your phone in lost/stolen status to have it go into suspended status sooner).

After 90 days of nonpay/suspended your account will automatically closed.

If you want to keep your number and account for when you come back, just make sure to make a payment and reactivate your plan before the 90 days are up.

Need Help? Let's chat.