cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of subscription

izazolot
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'd like to cancel my Public mobile subscription as I'm not satisfied with your sevice. I tried to do it through your website, but could not do it. What should I do? Please advise ASAP.

11 REPLIES 11

@izazolot wrote:

I do not have payment tab in my account. Is it because I did not activate my card?

If you haven't activated your PM account, there's no cancellation needed. As for a refund..PM provided the sim as you requested...but you changed your mind. You likely will not get a refund.

HEY....Seeing as you've already paid for the plan, why not just test drive PM for 30 days anyhow. Take a new number for your new PM account...then if you find you actually like PM, you can port your old number to PM...just don't cancel your old account until you port your old number to PM successfully. If, after the initial test drive, you still don't want PM, just disable Subscribed and your PM acct will eventually deactivate. Here's what that look like, once you have a PM acct...

unscribe.jpg

@izazolot  If you never activated the SIM card then yes it won’t get charged again and in that case you can ask support  for a refund . But if you activated the SIM card you should automatically have auto subscribe enabled . In that case no refund possible you just have to toggle off . Or any other method that was offered like prying out number or asking support to remains credit card on file right away .hope this helps 

izazolot

I do not have payment tab in my account. Is it because I did not activate my card?

@izazolot  

In your my account go payment tab >manage subscription >manage payment method or use this link

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-payment/manage-subscription

you need to access the subscription tab to toggle off auto pay

try, tapping the little +, depending on how your accessing self serve

then go under manage subscription and you can toggle off auto pay

izazolot

I can not find payments tab. Where can I find it to cancel my service. Please walk me through step-by-step.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@izazolot 

perhaps you are doing this, but at least maximize your current cycle to a few days before it’s end date before leaving.

Why bother giving Public Mobile the benefit of your money and forfeiting the cycle.

after all, there are no refunds or prorations given this is a prepaid service.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

To cancel service:
- Port to another provider
- Declare phone lost stolen. After 90+ days of no pay your account will be deleted
- Go to Payments. Toggle 'Subscribed' to off. After 90+ days of no pay your account will be deleted

Before any of these open ticket and ask your credit card info to be removed from your account.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @izazolot 

We are all customers like you. Nobody from Public Mobile monitors these forums. This is a self serve service. With that being said, this is what you do.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1710692827567.png

Then go to Manage Subscription on the right.

Chalupa_Batman_1-1710692845400.png

Then move the toggle to the left.

Chalupa_Batman_2-1710692865098.png

This will stop auto payment and effectively close the account. 

If you wish to keep your phone number, you can port out to another service provider. Just know your Public Mobile account needs to be active to do so. Furthermore, this is not pro rated so you will not receive any refunds.

Now, to the more important question, what issues are you having that you're not satisfied with? Maybe there is something we can help you fix that my solve the problem. ???

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@izazolot  You can port your number out and it will close out the PM account . 2 you can turn off auto subscribe 

Turn auto subscribe off/on

Handy1_0-1710692769423.png

lastly you can ask support to remove the credit card income right away 

submit ticket with support . using the chat bubble bottom right of screen 

Handy1_1-1710692810477.jpeg

If that doesn’t work you can always send private message to support .

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@izazolot 

if you plan to port your Pm number to new provider...your PM account will deactivate as soon as port is successful.

Need Help? Let's chat.