cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel my account

RudiNowak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why is there no email or telephone number to contact customer support.  I want to cancel my account and there is no place to do that and they are automatically deducting money from my account which I did not authorize.  I believe that Telus who owns Public Mobile has no ethics with no way of directly communicating with customers.  The only way of getting these guys is to post on FB,Twitter and other media platforms and let them know about Public Mobile and their owner TELUS. I have and when anyone else finds out how they try to treat their customers they should do the same for the the inability to contact the company and not even TELUS who owns PUBLIC MOBILE will not give you information to contact them.  We need to inform the FCC and the Better Business Bureau about this travesty.  My email, should you wish to communicate with me is audinova@gmail.com.  Lets put these people out of business.

14 REPLIES 14

@RudiNowak 

Is your bell account postpaid? Once you port over your number bell will prorate your service and refund the balance of unused service. Pm is prepaid so there are no refunds. Call the telus porting department phone number with your bell account # and reinitiate your port request so you can reply YES within 90 minutes of receiving the PAT (porting authorization text) on your bell sim card. The bit of unused service you have paid for will be more than made up for by the savings at pm.

@RudiNowak 

If your Bell account is still active then when you activated the PM SIM wasn’t completed including the payment section.

Did you reply to the Bell SMS text with the Bell SIM in your phone?

This needs to be done first as per PM SIM activation instructions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : Not Bell. PM (Telus) needs to re-request when the OP calls the porting help line.

@RudiNowak wrote:

are you suggesting that they keep my money while they have not provided me with any service as the account is still with Bell and was never ported over

I don't think anyone can conclude it is entirely PM's fault as you  did not provide all the  details.  Your original post  didn't mention about your Porting issue.  You cannot make a successful claim without telling the full story.

Also, even porting not completed, you still have service ( you should still be able to  make outgoing calls and data working, so technically, what you said "they have not provided me with any service" could be wrong) .   

Let's help you with the porting issue.  When you request porting, you need to keep your Bell SIM in a phone to receive a SMS from Bell and reply YES to approve the porting.  Did you reply YES within 90 mins?  If you fail to do so or not receive the SIM, it will be a Bell issue with you.   Let us know about this and we can help you to re-trigger the text.

Also, how long was the porting request?

@RudiNowak wrote:

I had already paid on the account and find they have not ported over my number but they took my money

You were porting a number to PM?

Did you receive a text from your old carrier asking for authorization?

You would have to answer YES to that text for the transfer to succeed. And your Bell SIM card must be in your phone until you receive that text.

It seems the porting has failed so you have to contact CS to re-initiate the request:

Private Messages - Community (publicmobile.ca)

RudiNowak

are you suggesting that they keep my money while they have not provided me with any service as the account is still with Bell and was never ported over

RudiNowak

I had already paid on the account and find they have not ported over my number but they took my money

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RudiNowak : What information?

RudiNowak

where did you find this information

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RudiNowak :The FCC has no jurisdiction here.

This is a prepaid provider. If you don't pay, the service stops. The company is going with _your_ instructions to keep paying with autopay. So log in to the self-serve and remove the payment card or use the 611 service with your 4 digit PIN and turn off autopay or after hearing your next renewal date, pause your payment card for that night and the service will suspend.

There is nothing nefarious happening here.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@RudiNowak wrote:

Why is there no email or telephone number to contact customer support.  I want to cancel my account and there is no place to do that and they are automatically deducting money from my account which I did not authorize. 

If PM has been automatically deducting money from your account ,that means you have a credit card registered to your account and set up autopay.

You can cancel your phone plan yourself by logging in , go to the Payment tab and disable Autopay.

You can also remove the credit card from the account by clicking on Manage my card at the bottom of the page.

Once there is no more payment to take from your cc, the account will be suspended automatically and closed (deactivated) after 90 days.

There is nothing else to do from your end.

NB: If you have trouble logging in because of website errors, try using another browser/ incognito mode. That should solve the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RudiNowak 

if you want to Cancel your account, just remove your Autopay, and if you want to port your old number to another company and is will be close automatically,

Make sure that you have the old SIM card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

if you want to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,Explain your issue to
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RudiNowak  

PM is prepaid service.  You don't really need to cancel the service.  All you need to do is to make sure that you no longer paying for the service.  This is how it can be done:

Login to My Account, remove Autopay (Payment Tab, Manage Autopay, then disable it)

You might also want to remove the credit card from Payment Tab.   click Manage my card, the click Remove this credit card.

With all these remove, the current cycle will end and PM won't be able to get money to renew for another cycle.  Account will go into suspended mode and 90 days later the account will be closed and your phone number will go back to the pool.

Hope this helps.

(in your case, I don't think you need FCC involved.  This is strictly something you need to do on your end.  Also , it's no secret that PM support is all online.  You can open a ticket with PM.  But you have done the right thing, posting a question here, you can probably get your answer quickly)

RudiNowak

We got to get FCC involved

Need Help? Let's chat.