cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada roaming

ahmed1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I currently have Provincial Talk plan (Ontario). I am planning to go to Quebec over the weekend. Will I be charged if I use my phone while in Quebec? Under Add-Ons I show add-on for Canada-wide Talk Booster 500 (assuming I will get 500 min), but will that cover data as well? I am looking for something US roaming for talk and data, but for Canada. Thanks,

12 REPLIES 12

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541- There's actually a very slight language uncertainty in the OP. Until we hear from them on exactly what they mean - "Under Add-Ons I show add-on for Canada-wide Talk Booster 500 (assuming I will get 500 min),". This could mean they're looking at the list of available add-ons. Not necessarily what they have. The use of the word "will get" makes it uncertain. The use of "I show" though could mean they have it.

But nor have they corrected your statements so maybe they do have it.

But yes Timer did first read Canada-wide in their first reply and then edited it after the OP pointed that out.

Adding - nvm lol

ahmed1

Thanks everyone for you feedback, it was hard from me to accept one solution when multiple people answered. I choose @computergeek541 because of detail explanation. Thanks again everyone!

@ahmed1 

if you have those then yes you can make call to anywhere in canada without any additional charges. for free.

@ahmed1 wrote:

I do have "$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US" under my account. 498 mins. left 😊

To confirm I will be able to use data and call with in Quebec and call outside of Quebec without and additional charges.

All services will work as normal in Quebec (or anywhere else in the country where there's Telus/Public Mobile coverage).

As I was saying before, the only factor will be outgoing calls, and only if you call to outside of Quebec. for which your 500 Canada-wide minutes will get used.

ahmed1

I do have "$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US" under my account. 498 mins. left 😊

To confirm I will be able to use data and call with in Quebec and call outside of Quebec without and additional charges.

@Timer wrote:

Edit: @ahmed1 

buy it add-ons for 500 Canada Wide Long Distance Minutes = $5

not buying for add-ons for US.

Please stop.  You have already asked if the person has a Canada-wide calling plan when the user already said that the plan is province-wide calling plan.  Now, you're telling this person to add the $5 500 minute add-on when the customer already has it?

@ahmed1 

sorry i did Edit my frist post ..if you has add-ons for 500 minute Canada-wide, then no need to buy anything as mention by @computergeek541 

@Timer wrote:

@ahmed1 

buy it add-ons for Canada-wide, not add-ons for US.

The customer already has a 500 minute Canada-wide add-on. The customer doesn't need to buy anything.

@ahmed1 wrote:

I currently have Provincial Talk plan (Ontario). I am planning to go to Quebec over the weekend. Will I be charged if I use my phone while in Quebec? Under Add-Ons I show add-on for Canada-wide Talk Booster 500 (assuming I will get 500 min), but will that cover data as well? I am looking for something US roaming for talk and data, but for Canada. Thanks,

There are never charges to your credit/debit card or to deductions from your account balance for usage charges.  Travelling around the country isn't what roaming is.  Roaming is the act of using another carrier's network.  Telus/Public Mobile has a network across the country. You will be able to use the phone as you wish, and the 500 minutes won't be used unless you try to make an outgoing call to a phone number that is based outside of the province of Quebec.  Other other usage will be as usual.

ahmed1

my plan is "Unlimited Provincial Talk"

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ahmed1 you should have changed to the Canada wide calling plan.  It's the same price, PM pull the Provincial calling plan off after bad response.  But if you change now, it probably not in time for your weekend trip (you likely won't to schedule the plan change and not change plan now, as there is no partial refund for unused days)

So, with Provincial plan , you can only call within the province when you are in Quebec.  Calling anywhere else will require Long distance

However, since you joined last year for the Provincial calling, you should have got the Holiday bonus in December and there is a long distance addon for you to call Canada wide.  So, check your My Account and see if you have such an add-on there still

Timer
Mayor / Maire

Edit: @ahmed1 

buy it add-ons for 500 Canada Wide Long Distance Minutes = $5

not buying for add-ons for US.

Need Help? Let's chat.