cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada/US plan

AngA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

New here. I'm thinking about getting the Canada/US plan. I'm with a different provider. 

Someone mentioned I need a different SIM card? Not really sure what to do, please explain? Appreciate the help. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

@AngA 

for volte, looks like you're good to go...

clipped from help files..

* Google Pixel 4 series and newer

To purchase a physical sim...can you call a local Telus Retail store to see if they have 'em. Do you have a store called Mobile Klinik in your area..they should hav'em. Are you in or near the GTA, these guys have them and they offer FAST shipping or they even have a local pick-up option too.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards/products/multi-sim-card-for-standard-micro-na...

AngA

Thanks. Will  my current info transfer to the new sim ? Also can I purchase SIM in any phone store?

Thanks 

AngA

Hi

Thanks for quick reply. I have a Google pixel 6. Do you know if it is volte enabled? I'm leaving on December 26 and will be in the US for 3 months. Can I purchase a PM Sim card in a store or do I need to order it on line? Running out of time. 😬

Thanks

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@AngA 

Public Mobile is crrenlty offering esim for free for new accounts. Depending on your phone, that might work for you to get started. Also...it's very important to know if your cellphone is volte enabled for talk while in US. What make / model is the phone you'll be using ?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @AngA 

which carrier you are coming from?

PM has the $65/60GB Canada-US plan.  All you need to do is to get a Public Mobile sim card and use the Public Mobile app to activate.  It is just like activating any other plan.

and FYI, PM uses T-Mobile and AT&T for roaming, many using it without any problem.  So, go ahead and join

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AngA 

you just need to get a PM sim card and activate the proper Canada-US plan.

Get the new PM sim card from:

Once you got the sim card, download PM app and start the activation process.   If you want to keep your number, you can request porting at the step after payment.  Just provide PM the account number of your old provider and make sure the account on the old provider is still active

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@AngA  Yes you need a new PM SIM card you can get it from calling around to local Koodo Telus stores or order from Amazon also . Once you have SIM card in hand download the PM app to activate it . Leaving your old provider SIM card in phone and account active so you can reply YES to the confirmation text to port . Providing your want to keep your current phone number . If not just choose a new phone number from PM 

Need Help? Let's chat.