cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada-US plan is back!!! sort of

softech
Oracle
Oracle

For those who missed unlimited calling  to US and US data, the plan is back.. sort of.  Why?  cos it is available in Quebec only.  

There is a $50  Canada-US plan, which include 40GB for Canada-US data at 4G speed and Unlimited Canada-US wide minutes and messaging

Of course, you will need to setup with a QC phone number to access such plan

https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/activation/plans/40GB-4Gspeed

and other QC plans:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/plans

28 REPLIES 28

@LEGO 

they finally open up this plan for every province!!

and voucher activation is no longer an option. Couple members and myself messaged  support and all confirmed with a NO 😞

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@LEGO  Double check your my account this plan appears to be available to all right now in every province . Not just Quebec 

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@softech wrote:

@Chaowang   you are correct. 

but you will need to activate this Quebec plan.  To do so, you need to be in QC with a QC credit card

Is Top Up voucher an option?

Michael6666
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I actually already did the spinner as well 🙂

I had been on the 30$ - 3gb plan before the switch so my minutes have been at this level for quite some time. Still no change this morning.

Really seems like a good plan for Quebec residents. 

Great testing. Did you then also click the little spinner refresh icons after making that test call? Maybe you could try again. Log in, use that spinner, make the call, use that spinner - do any numbers change anywhere?

It's great to have members that actually test things out for themselves to explore the boundaries of the service.

Adding - @Michael6666 

Thanks @Michael6666  for testing it for the Community. 

We certainly need more good community member like your!!!

Michael6666

I called a random Canadian tire in Ontario at 9:03 for a data point. I had 687 total minutes in my add ons. As of 9:20, in incognito, I had the same amount of minutes (and I see the call registered in my usage history) .

Seems like it's Canada wide calling from Quebec included in the plan.

This makes it a super hot deal for people who don't regularly leave the province. 

@Michael6666- Right. That's what I thought you had said earlier and indeed had written about that the other member even pointed out. I'm not sure why the other member thought you were talking about talk text. Thanks for the update.

@Michael6666 with the gifted Canada wide minutes, I guess it is perfect for you to stay on this plan

But keep an eye on your gifted minutes (remember to use Incognito mode to avoid reading cached info).  Next time you call outside of Quebec, check if the minutes there used   🙂

Michael6666

I was able to test texting to Canada and the US. Both work both ways. 

I am unable to test Canada wide calling as I have many of the gifted Canada wide minutes in my account so it would no doubt work. 

@softech- Oh look, it says texting. Are you for real? Texting? Calling? Beuller? Unfortunately, for texting purposes, he bought the 500 minutes add-on so he couldn't verify the calling.

@Michael6666 , you have any luck with your text on Canada wide calling?  @Chaowang  is interested to know what you can do or what you can't with the $35 Quebec plan

@Chaowang   this was the past from @Michael666 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Quebec-ONLY-35-for-20GB/m-p/1011930#M7052...

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The customer mentioned tested TEXT, not calling. I'm not sure I remember an update on calling a number out of province. We don't yet know if it's also like the old province-wide where whatever province you're in will let you call that province.

@Chaowang- As for the roaming plan asked about, yes, it's basically a Canada/US plan. Call both, text both, use data in both while in both.

@Chaowang 

for the $35 plan, another member tested it and it looks like they can call other province.  But text seems to be really Quebec only.  But the details is not very clear.  So, you can test it out and let us know  🙂

Soryr there is not Canada-wide text addon.  But there is Canada-Wide calling add-on

Chaowang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sorry, I mean without changing plans. 

Chaowang

Thanks a lot, I am in Québec! I see there are a Quebec plan for 35$ for unlimited Quebec minutes and 20G data, if I go to the other provinces, is there some add-on I can buy with change my plan? 

@Chaowang   you are correct. 

but you will need to activate this Quebec plan.  To do so, you need to be in QC with a QC credit card

Chaowang

This is a roaming plan, right? It means I can have unlimit call when I am in USA, not only unlimite call to USA? 

golfball

Hopefully it will expand countrywide, there hasn't been a roaming plan here since 2019.  It especially makes more sense to bring it back now than in years prior, travel is more common unlike the start of the 2020s and VoLTE is available so US roaming services are functional again unlike last year. And of course the fact that it's currently being offered by competition. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It beats the heck out of the old $60 roaming plan. All the data. Not just 2gb. Hope customers that bite have volte.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Oh there it is. The other day I was checking the terms at the bottom and saw the little ++ superscript and thought well where? I couldn't see it on any plans and so wondered maybe it's coming soon. But there it is.

@Brilliance- Then Quebeckers would say it's unfair that they don't get the $39/90 plan.

@softech wrote:

@computergeek541 I also wonder why only QC. But maybe we will see it "across Canada" soon??

nice try

@computergeek541 I also wonder why only QC. But maybe we will see it "across Canada" soon??

@softech wrote:

For those who missed unlimited calling  to US and US data, the plan is back.. sort of.  Why?  cos it is available in Quebec only.  

There is a $50  Canada-US plan, which include 40GB for Canada-US data at 4G speed and Unlimited Canada-US wide minutes and messaging

Of course, you will need to setup with a QC phone number to access such plan

https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/activation/plans/40GB-4Gspeed

and other QC plans:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/plans

I saw this plan 24 hours earlier, but to me, it doesn't make any sense that this plan is only being offered in Quebec.  Videtron and Freedom are now owned by the parent company and Freedom offers this same plan anywhere in all provinces that the service is available (and where Freedom isn't offered, Videtron/Fizz is offered in some of those places).

@Handy1 

Back in the day, Justin's 'ol man used to heavily promote National Unity across Canada. Not that high on juniors list today.

Good point , it’s about time we all get same offering straight across the country really. All plans are national talk anyways 

@Handy1  question is .. why Quebec only

And Quebec has been getting lots of sweeter deals than the rest of Canada (pressure from Videotron).  I am really surprised that the $39/30GB 90 days is not available in QC, or at least they don't have any better deal to beat that

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@softech  Wow nice catch , this is a straight response to freedoms same deal .

Need Help? Let's chat.