cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada US plan: call to US not free

Sam288
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

My canada-us plan started today.  I made a couple calls to the US and found that instead of free US calling, the mins to US were being charged onto my add-on international calling credit. 

Anyone knows why?

Thanks,

Sam

11 REPLIES 11

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I got a little worried when I saw this post.  I had to test out my CAN-US line to make sure US calls were covered.  I haven't had calls to my google voice number in a long while so I called it as the test whether I am burning add-on minutes.  It is all good, calls to the US are part of the included minutes.  What I found interesting is that voicemail messages to my google account which is integrated to my Public Mobile number results in the message being sent to my Public Mobile voicemail.  Long ago, there use to be tight integration between google voice and linked Canadian numbers but I had thought google was not allowed to do that due to their lack of telecom license in Canada.  Interesting that voicemail integration still exists.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Sam288   Which international add-on do you have?  If it's the purchased international add-on, it doesn't include calling the US, that needs a separate US long distance add-on.  If your  international long distance add-on is the Christmas bonus add-on, then that does include calls to the USA.  I know with a Canada-US plan it shouldn't be coming off your long distance add on either way but it might help narrow down the problem.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I've never had that issue. My add-on's stopped depleting when calling the US as soon as I changed to a Canada/US plan. You can ignore that message that comes up when you call. But if your add-on is being depleted, that would imply that you're not actually on a Canada/US plan.

Mark42
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@softech  it was @Sam288 that originally had the problem, i am having no issues,.. was sharing the fact that it was working correctly for myself, being a new customer and all...

@Mark42 

i think you need support to confirm if the plan was setup correctly.  Please open ticket with them

Mark42

@softech    yes, but just did it again without the 1 and same result, message, but then connection.

@Mark42 

did you make the call by using a 1 in front of the 10 digits number?

Mark42

@Sam288 I'm presently in Canada, made a call to a USA number, an automated message came on saying long distance charges may apply, but looked at my account and nothing out of plan was used...wierd

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Sam288 

Just to add to this conversation, can you confirm via the Public Mobile app that this plan started today? If you haven't checked, when you sign in, the first page is Subscriptions, click on "Manage Subscriptions". There you'll be able to see what plan you're on. If it does indeed say you are, then also please follow Softech's advice by taking screenshots of the plan screen and also the screen with your add on international calling minutes. 

Just wondering though, where in the US were you calling? 

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sam288 - I will try to call the US with no add ons on my account on the 20th (The Renewal Date)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sam288 

it shouldn't.  But please take screenshots and send to PM support for them to confirm if the new plan was setup correctly for your account

please open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Login" and finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.