cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada-US Plan

Pstone1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I currently have the basic $15 plan. I will be traveling to the US.  If I switch to the Canada/US plan for 1 month, can I easily switch back to the $15 plan?

7 REPLIES 7

@Pstone1 That 3G issue is the same whether you're using the roaming add-on or a Can/US plan. What it means is that the US no longer has a 3G networks which until recently was required for PM customers to be able to make phone calls. But as long as you're on VoLTE you can make phone calls on the 4G/LTE network, so you're fine. To confirm you can turn off wifi, make sure you're connect to either 4G or 5G, and make a phone call. If it stays connected to 4G (LTE) or 5G after the call connects, you have VoLTE and you should be fine.

Also to clarify, your 3G plan doesn't mean you're using the 3G network, it just means you get 3G speeds. 

HI @Pstone1 

if you have iPhone 13, it is Volte already on PM and T-moble and AT&T,   and yes, the  Canada-US plan is better than $30 addon.  Good choice

Pstone1

I did not consider the $30 add-on because they say the US does not use the 3G network anymore.

I have a iphone 13.  How do you configur to VoLTE?

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@Pstone1 

I saw your other post saying you were travelling for 2 weeks. It would be cheaper for you to simply buy the $30 add-on that'll give you US roaming for 15 days, including 3GB of data, unlimited calling, unlimited texting. Obviously it's less data than with the $50 plan, but if you're surviving on 250MB now, maybe that's fine?

As for how good it is, it depends on where you're going and the service in the area. I've used it in Washington, Oregon, and California and it's worked great. Check T-Mobile coverage maps and AT&T.

Also what phone are you using? It'll need to be configured for VoLTE if you want to use it for phone calls. Data and SMS won't matter. 

Pstone1

Has anyone used this Canada-US plan while in the US?  How did it work?  Any settings that I need to be aware of?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Pstone1 yes, you can always change plan back and forth, as long as the plan is still available.

the $15 plan is based on CRTC requirement for affordable plans, so, it will be here 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Pstone1  Yes absolutely. So long as the $15 plan still available then which I don’t see being an issues it’s a staple plan that’s been there for years .just be sure to change plan on renewal so you don’t lose money in your current cycle 

Need Help? Let's chat.