cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7B1 Your phone is not activated on the network

MatGod
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When trying to call someone, I get the message "7B1 Your phone is not activated on the network"

I can Text, receive text and receive Phone call.

When receiving phone call, it show "Private number" even if it's not a private number

Also I tried to create a ticket but I can't login for some reasons.

Edit: I have 

• Reboot my device
  • Reset my network connections
  • Toggle in airplane mode on and off
  • Remove then re-inserting the Sim card in the device

Edit 2: I've contacted support using the link :https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

It look like they where unsuccessful at first and send a ticket so a tech can call me. The problem was solve before any one could call me. My guess is that the port took more then 3h and I was just unlucky. Or maybe they did something in the back and solve the problem without having to call me.

15 REPLIES 15

hi @brianwoltz 

let us know what issue you got and we will help 

But this is what @MatGod updated:

t: I have 

• Reboot my device
  • Reset my network connections
  • Toggle in airplane mode on and off
  • Remove then re-inserting the Sim card in the device

Edit 2: I've contacted support using the link :https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

It look like they where unsuccessful at first and send a ticket so a tech can call me. The problem was solve before any one could call me. My guess is that the port took more then 3h and I was just unlucky. Or maybe they did something in the back and solve the problem without having to call me.

brianwoltz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

where is 'the main thread" ? I cannot solve and support is not being responsive

MatGod

Hey everyone, thank you all for your help. The problem seems to be solve. I've updated the main thread with extra information. 

HI @MatGod   if you can already receive phone calls, it won't be porting problem

did you try your sim in another phone?

I think you should start with open ticket with CS agent.  You said you cannot open ticket , got stuck with verification with My Account, then message them:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@MatGod   sent you the porting team number.  Please check your Community inbox

MatGod

I didn't do a temp number but I should have. If you can send the porting team number that would be really helpful.

@MatGod  

Sounds like a stuck in port issue .

Will send you porting team number

For live support to fix the issue

Private message . Top of page envelope icon

Additional info on porting

When transferring (porting) your number to any new carrier it’s important to remember to leave the old providers SIM card in the phone until you receive the confirmation text from old carrier @that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text … also when going thru this process the new provider will want you old providers account number and will ask for IMEI number disregard this (IMEI) number as it has a tendency to just cos porting hiccups .. so if your ready to port to pm and already activated a SIM card you can go to your self serve serve profile tab and change /transfer (port) number this can also be done on activation but it’s advised to pick a temp number first then port 

MatGod

Yes, from Virgin. 3h ago

@MatGod 

Did you just ported over to PM from another carrier recently?

MatGod

Every thing work except outgoing call

For some reason when I receive call, it show as a private number even if the number is not private

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@MatGod 

Try turning off your phone and your modem/router off then power both on and reset your network see if that helps.

You can not contact a CS_Agent on this Community.

If you are having trouble login, clear the cache and go incognito on your browser.

MatGod

I already try those step 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@MatGod 

try rebooting your device, resetting your network connections, toggle in airplane mode, on and off, and removing then re-inserting the Sim card in the device.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MatGod   you see your phone connected to the network? does data work?

Try to reboot your phone once and see if it helps

if you cannot open ticket with My Account login, you can try to use the 4 digits PIN

or you can  message support directly if you are still unable to get via Chatbat ticket:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MatGod 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.