cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada-US 5G plan not renewing?

Smike1989
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My services were put on hold and it's not allowing me to renew my Canada-US 5G plan at $34. Anyone else having this issue? Time to port out I guess.

11 REPLIES 11

Jess31
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sometimes there is a glitch that on the day your plan is to renew it will say on hold. If your phone still works just wait a day or 2 and see if it goes back to normal.

Happened to me and freaked me out.  But the service still worked fine and the next day it renewed as scheduled.

@Smike1989 

payment vouchers..then, using your cell, dial 611 to add the vouchers to your acct.

@Smike1989 wrote:

renewal date is supposed to be tomorrow. July 29, 2024-August 28, 2024 is what my last period is.

HI @Smike1989 

PM's cycle date is confusing.  PM is on 30 days cycle, so when it says  July 29, 2024-August 28, the plan is only good till Aug 28 00:01, and they will renew account shortly after, that's why your account is now suspended

get a voucher to resume service first

you can also try to ask support agent, but support usually cannot do much with payment error like this.  So, better not waste time and go with voucher solution for this renewal

Smike1989

renewal date is supposed to be tomorrow. July 29, 2024-August 28, 2024 is what my last period is.

Smike1989

call/text/data is not working..

I have a valid cc set up for auto-renew.

@Smike1989 

is calling / text / data still working as expected ? When is renewal date ? If your calling / text and data are working...could be your plan is just going through the renewal process.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Smike1989 I wouldn't change anything, just hang tight for a reply from an agent, keep an eye on your inbox (check the envelop icon in the top right corner)

Smike1989

Thanks, I've started a ticket. When I try to make a payment (even though i'm signed up for auto-renew), it takes me to a page to change my subscription. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Smike1989 

what error you are getting?  could be just a general payment problem and not related with your plan being Canada-US.  Most of us have payment problem like that

Try paying by voucher.  Get one from Shoppers Drug Mart and load the voucher using *611 or My Account

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Smike1989 

do you have a valid credit / debit card on your account set to Subscribed (Autopay) ?

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Smike1989Probably an easy fix for an agent but you will need to open a ticket through the Chatbot: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
(and then type: Customer Support Agent)

Or, if you are having trouble with the Chatbot try sending a private message to: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
(note: you will need to be logged into your Community account for this link to work)

Need Help? Let's chat.