cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update my CC

RobertGuill
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My CC got renewed so has a new cvv and expiry, but every time I try and update the info it fails to save. It just says "Oops something went wrong try again later."

7 REPLIES 7

@qberry the credit card section is glichy and sometimes really hard to get pass the error.  I think you have no choice but to open ticket with support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

qberry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yeah I read through this post and all the suggestions before I made my post. I waited over an hour. I tried using Incognito mode.    my postal code is the same in profile nothing has changed. I used the card for a week making purchases (referring to the direct message I received pretty much saying its on my bank cards end or something)

I don't get it. its the same payment system I used before but only the card number info changed. Also It so fast i get the error it seems like it doesn't even try to process the card. edit: It showed a animation to process this time in Incognito mode but it still gave me the ooops something went wrong

Also your suggestion to click the pencil to edit. I can not edit I can only see the info, the box is grayed out and has a symbol like I do not cross symbol, I can't type in the box

@qberry   wait a full hour before you try again

After you waited the full hour, try again using Incognito mode to login to My Account.  First check if the address/postal code showed on My Account match.  PM does not need to send address info to credit card, but some members mentioned that seems to be an issue fi address/postal code not match   So, go to Profile page, click on the Pencil beside your name (account name) and you can update the address and postal code (or use this direct link : https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/account-info

if nothing works, then missing support for help:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

qberry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am having the same issue, and no I didn't miss type the information in the 3 boxes, I needed to update my debit credit card which was fine before. I got new card number and there for needed to update the info and I am getting the same error. ooops something went wrong and now I have no phone service

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@RobertGuill 

Previously only 2 attempts to update credit card info was allowed per hour but I'm not so sure that rule still holds? However more than 5 attempts in a 24 hour period will likely still trigger a 24 hour fraud alert flag on your account. If it's not an immediate payment issue wait out any fraud alert you may have triggered and try again tomorrow.

When you do try again take your time inputting the info as the boxes are slow to accept the info and it's easy for digits to not be in the right order. If a mistake occurs be sure to clear the entire line and start afresh.

If you suspect you have triggered the fraud alert flag and you need to make a payment ASAP then the flag can only removed by customer  support before the 24 hours is up. Contact them as per the link supplied above.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RobertGuill please wait a full hour before try again.  When you are ready to try again, use Incognito mode or try on another browser or even another device 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@RobertGuill  Try again in a hour and try incognito or private mode or even another device lap too or computer . If all else fails get support to update for you 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.