cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sign in on both desktop/mobile with both firefox or chrome

makinganame
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I try to sign into my self-service account, I got the username/password, received the phone text code from the telus number and then after confirming it kicks me back to the publicmobile.ca home site.

Then when I try to click the sign in button again. It doesn't even bring up the sign in page any more until I delete the cookies for publicmobile.ca and telus.ca.

I've tried this on desktop with both firefox and chrome. And also on Android with both firefox and chrome.

I have ported my number away and I'm looking to log in to cancel my plan before the renewal. I need help to either get me signed in so I can cancel it myself or for confirmation that I will not be charged.

If I am charged, I WILL dispute the charges with the credit card.

12 REPLIES 12

QaisR

the whole sign-in system is not currently working - August 21 at 11 a.m.  Clicking the sign-in button produces nothing at all.

I am trying to reset the payment methods for several accounts that I helped set up - the people now have their own Visa cards - but I just can't sign anyone in.

AND 'sign-in not working' is not a concern that the ChatBot recognizes.

makinganame

Thank you for the help. Unfortunately I don't have such a handy credit card feature, so I ended up contacting the CS_Agent and getting an official confirmation via direct message.

My alternate solution was more about a defensive measure in case it might be one of those rare instances. So forget about trying to log in here. The invalid number says your account is gone. I meant stopping the credit card in your credit card account, not here. You might have a handy pause or lock function. Do that overnight of what your previous renewal will have been.

makinganame

I know this. But the website is acting like the account is there by letting me sign in and sending me a confirmation code. It does not tell me that the account does not exist. Yet it also does not let me see my account.

Then the sign in button stops working, until I delete the cookies. This tells me there is a bug with the system. If things were working correctly, I would expect to login to see some sort of "you have no number" message or be refused a login with some "you can't login without a number" or "your account no longer exists" message.

Letting me half-login and then no longer responding to the "My Account" button (still sends me back to the home page and no longer shows me the username/password prompt), tells me that somebody has screwed up.

When that happens I want to know the screw up will not affect me.

@makinganame wrote:

Appreciate the alternate solution. I called the line and it says it can't find my number. But I can't just stop my credit card. The sign in behaviour on the website is really bothering me.

It's acting like I have an account, but not showing me the account. Is there some way to get to a company rep to tell me my account is actually gone?

Accounts are never really just "gone".  A phone number being ported out from Public Mobile just means that the account gets closed.

makinganame

Appreciate the alternate solution. I called the line and it says it can't find my number. But I can't just stop my credit card. The sign in behaviour on the website is really bothering me.

It's acting like I have an account, but not showing me the account. Is there some way to get to a company rep to tell me my account is actually gone?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are you able to call a North American toll free from where you are? Or get a voip app like Textnow and call a toll free number. Dial 1-855-4pu-blic and see what it says about your account. If it says invalid or something then the account is closed.
Then go back in your credit card that you used here and add 30 days to the transaction date (not posted date) to get what would have been your next renewal. Then log in to your credit card and pause it for that time period like the day before until the day after.

This is all just a just in case. We do see here rare instances of charges happening after porting out.

makinganame

I appreciate that PM may have closed my account after I ported out my number, but when I try to sign in I'm still getting an eversafe text message sent to my phone number (on my new service). My account is clearly still exists with Publicmobile. It doesn't say, "This account no longer exists" it actually sends me an SMS code which I typed in a dozen times now and then kicks me back to the home page with no message.

And then, after that I CANNOT even reach the sign in page without nuking my cookies. So it seems to me that PM thinks I'm signed in but is glitching out. So I must be signed in to some account. As far as I know, they still have my phone number and still have my credit card on file.

I am out of country now so I very very very much want an official company confirmation that my account was nuked without warning and they will not charge my credit card. Or let me sign in and delete my information or cancel the auto-bill or whatever.

@makinganame wrote:

Can I get a confirmation on that? I have moved out of country and the service I have ported to says they don't close accounts automatically.

The new carrier doesn't clsoe the old carrier's account, but you were told a falsehood in the sense that successfully porting out does automatically cancel the service of the old company.  There are times though wehn porting fails and the customer could sometimes be unaware of that.

makinganame

Can I get a confirmation on that? I have moved out of country and the service I have ported to says they don't close accounts automatically.

And if so, why does it allow me to enter my self-service username, it still sends the eversafe codes to my number, and then just kicks me back to the home page with no message? This does not seem reasonable. They clearly still have my account since it recognizes the username, password, and my phone number enough to send me a eversafe login code

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@makinganame  .if you ported your number away from public mobile .successfully Your account is automatically. Closed . Hence why you cannot sign in any more . You won’t be charged again 

makinganame

When I say I "click the sign in button" again I mean the "My Account" button under the sign in hover thing. It just reloads the "https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/" home page

Need Help? Let's chat.