cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive texts from roger users

Sentella
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can send them out and they get them, but I can't receive any from them. Don't know how long the issue has been going on but found out today

8 REPLIES 8

There were two other questions in that reply. And other inquiries from others. Help us help you.

Sentella
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No I didn't port my number ive been a customer for 2 months

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sentella  You are not able to receive any message from ANY Rogers customers?  How about Fido?  

Can you receive phone calls from Rogers/Fido?

And it is very important to confirm if it is just one or 2 Rogers account cannot send you the text or all of them.  The issue and troubleshooting steps would be different

Again, this is an issue that could be PM's fault or Rogers'  There is a chance that on Rogers system, they are seeing your number as a Rogers account and hence the text was never able to routed out of the Rogers network.  But usually, this happen with voice call together, not just text

Start with PM support first, they can reset something on their system and it might help  If they confirm nothing wrong from their ends, you will have to open ticket with Rogers , maybe with the help of your Rogers' friend.

@Sentella wrote:

I can send them out and they get them, but I can't receive any from them. Don't know how long the issue has been going on but found out today

When text messages go to and from another carrier, a text messaging intermediary company gets involved with the relaying/delivery of the messages.  Unfortuantely,  with these types of issues, both carriers often point the finger at each other.  If the problem is with the SMS intermediary, a ticket will need to be opened with a Public Mobile customer support agent.  That is done by using the chatbot at:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Sentella 

It sounds like the porting was not completed.

If the old Rogers SIM still works in your phone then this confirms the porting was not completed.

I don't agree with that because number porting shouldn't affect incoming text messages only from one carrier.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Sentella 

It sounds like the porting was not completed.

If the old Rogers SIM still works in your phone then this confirms the porting was not completed.

Remember
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sentella 

are you new customer. port in? get new number?

the issue for one number or for all other?

reboot phone,

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sentella 

Can you receive calls from Rogers customers okay? How long have you been a customer? Did you originally port your number in from Rogers?

Need Help? Let's chat.