cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage issue at my workplace

Raks1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My public mobile works just fine at home and everywhere else.

But I am unable to receive and dial calls from my workplace and nearby areas. Person calling me hear phone ringing but I actually don't get any calls.

At the same time text works just fine.

Please help me resolve this issue as I am missing some important calls.

Other public mobile users at my workplace are facing the same issue.

Raks

6 REPLIES 6

dani-danneyland

This could be happening for a few reasons. 

• Maybe your cell phone model has a modem (the part that picks up cell signal) that doesn't perform well in poor-coverage scenarios.
  • Maybe your workplace's building is made out of dense material (steel, stone) that happens to block cell signals. (5G is faster, but has a harder time penetrating matter—4G is better for that.)
  • The cell tower coverage (3G, 4G, and/or 5G) is poor surrounding your workplace. 

Do your coworkers also experience poor service or just you? Public Mobile is a subcarrier under Telus and uses Telus's towers for connectivity. Do other coworkers who have Telus-owned cell carriers (Koodo, PM, Telus) also experience the same problems in your building? Does connectivity improve when you move towards exterior windows?

You can ask your workplace to look into installing cell boosters (which should be certified for use in Canada with an IC certification number) to improve coverage in your office, especially if it's impacting your work.

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Raks1 

Is the issue mostly occurring at work? Can you call forward your phone # to your work phone #? Or a voip phone # like Textnow or Fongo for when this issue occurs?

hi @Raks1 

S10 is not on PM's VoLTE list, so you are using 3G for voice 

it is possible there is problem with the 3G network in the area or Telus/Bell realigning network in the area and got rid of the 3G there

you can try changing network mode to 3G and test as said above.

Also, try Reset All Networks

Or test with another phone

have you ask PM to refresh your account? Maybe it  helps

Just open ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right. Type the question Submit ticket and select Contact Us to get to ticket open screen       

or message them using this link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Raks1

Hello hTideGnow

I am using Samsung S10e.

This issue started 2 months ago, before that everything was working okay.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Raks1 what phone do you have? 

it could be a problem with the 3G network at your workplace as well as your phone not compatible with PM's VoLTE (not on OM's whitelist)

on the  other hand, you can try to change the network mode to 3G and test and see if it works better. Or you might see the phone not able to connect at all after changing to 3G

Need Help? Let's chat.