cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t receive incoming phone calls

SJXM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can’t receive incoming phone calls and I can’t submit a f$&king ticket to get help! 
@CS_Agent

8 REPLIES 8

Generally, @Chalupa_Batman , there are 2 'hints' which might suggest this to be a porting related issue.

1. the creation date of the community user is an hour ago (while they still could be a long-time customer, it points more toward being new)
  2. when porting here, incoming calls are usually the last of services which complete

@Chalupa_Batman 

Just an assumption and wait for the OP to reply to determine further.

Thanks @hTideGnow for the heads up. Yup. Only been here since June and still learning. I figure the only way to learn is to watch and learn from the regulars. 🙂

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @SJXM 

Before you create a ticket, could you by chance give us a little more detail about what the issue is? There are so many situations that could cause this. More information the better to help us help you. For example, have you been with PM long? Did you just sign up with PM? Did you try porting your number from another service provider? Did you try resetting your network settings and rebooting? Fill in the blanks.

HI @Chalupa_Batman 

My reply up there was still not certain, so I asked and want to confirm.

if you are in the community longer, you will know when someone just have issue with incoming calls, your first question to ask is if they ported in the number  🙂

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27 and @hTideGnow I have to ask. How did you guys determine this is a porting issue? 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@SJXM 

You need private message them. There are 2 ways to pm them.

1- Click on your avatar top right then Messages.

2- Private message them on this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

But it sounds like porting wasn’t complete because you didn’t reply to the text with Yes confirming you are porting your number over to PM within the 90 minute window with the old SIM in your phone.

If this is the case then pm a CS_Agent to restart the porting process for you again.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @SJXM 

did you just subscribe to PM service and request porting?  If you did, you got a text from your old carrier? You replied Yes to it?

it looks like a stuck port.  Porting team can help.  I will message you the phone number to your Community inbox

Need Help? Let's chat.