cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive incoming calls

Jong2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all,

I moved from Fido to PM four days ago. Once my number was transferred to PM, I could use only data and making calls. I still can't receive any calls from others. Please help me to correct this issue. 

9 REPLIES 9

@masterofnone  Sent porting team number to your inbox 

masterofnone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

Can you PM the number to speak to the porting team? Running into the same issue even though I said YES to the SMS and got the confirmation. 

Thanks

hi @Tin_Yui 

sent.  Check Community inbox 

Tin_Yui

Hi my uncle with his new activation last night is having the same problem with not receiving calls. Can you also message me the number for live support please 

Jong2

Thanks for reply. I also did "yes" to the message from Fido. The problem is now I already threw away Fido sim. I don't know this porting issue will be resolved although I will call Telus porting team.

arbbie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Happened to my wife when she ported over earlier this week. We thought it was done/complete only to realize the port did not go through successfully. She even got the sms from her old provider asking to confirm (reply YES) the transfer. We realized afterwards that the port was not finalized and a member from the porting team had to re-request the transfer.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jong2 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls work, then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jong2  No worries I’ll send you the porting team number private message and they can try trigger the port request for you . But you might have to call inthe morning is they maybe closed now 

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jong2 

Did you get the confirmation text from Fido that you wanted to port your number out?

Need Help? Let's chat.