cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive incoming calls, straight to voicemail

dan_d
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I just recently switched to Public from FM 6 days ago, the service has been great however when my friend attempted to call me today, it went straight to voicemal. I then called myself from my home phone and got the same issue. 

Everything else is working fine:

Data is working great

Can make outgoing calls

Can send/recieve text

Things I've tried:

1) Restarting the phone

2) Reinserting the SIM card

Anyone have any advice as to what the problem is, I have an iPhone 7. @Mary_M?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

PBForMe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Interestingly enough after 1 year on PM with no voice issues I had the exact same thing today, person tried calling me twice went straight to voicemail. Looked at my phone, was connected fine... no reported missed calls.

Tried calling myself and the same thing happened, no ring straight to voicemail. On my phone I went to access my voicemail, then I received all the voicemail notifications of my missed calls and after that my calls were going through again.

TL;DR Same problem today, accessing voicemail on phone somehow fixed it.. or just happy coincidence.

@dan_d Must be special voodoo magic that you have! 👺

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dan_d
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not sure what did it, as I checked and calls were not blocked but it seems that incoming calls now come through! Tried calling myself from 2 different phones and both worked

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Check the phone settings in case you have accidentally turned on block calls, or do not disturb. Those are usually the culprits.

Then login to voicemail confirm that is also not set to send to voicemail.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.