cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t call out or send out texts

Michelle3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can’t call out- when I do it says I need a long distance add on. 

I can send a text but the person doesn’t receive it so it’s not working. 

My data is working though? 

I just topped up my account 4 days ago with the special offer $40 for 4.5 gb data and has calling and texting included.

i tried to mark my plan as stolen and then put it as found and that didn’t help. 

I’ve send multiple messages to these moderators but nobody seems to want to help me so hopefully someone else here can give me some things to try!! 

5 REPLIES 5

@Michelle3 wrote:

Can’t call out- when I do it says I need a long distance add on. 

I can send a text but the person doesn’t receive it so it’s not working. 

My data is working though? 

I just topped up my account 4 days ago with the special offer $40 for 4.5 gb data and has calling and texting included.

i tried to mark my plan as stolen and then put it as found and that didn’t help. 

I’ve send multiple messages to these moderators but nobody seems to want to help me so hopefully someone else here can give me some things to try!! 

There's almost certainly an issue with your specific account.  While not being able to send outgoing texts could be an issue with the SMSC setting, that would not cause any problems with making phone calls.  Don't bother messing around with APN settings, espeically since you said that you data is working.  

This isn't a device issue and  it's on the Public Mobile end.  There's literally nothing you could do to make the system think a call is long distance (or is type of long distance that isn't included in your plan) when it isn't.  Even forgetting to dial 1 or +1 would not make a call fail. 

@Sher39 wrote:

Check your APN settings. 

Read this:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

APN settings don't have anything to do with either calling or texting. 

Sher39
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Check your APN settings. 

Read this:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to Public Mobile @Michelle3

Sorry to hear about your frustrations with the service.

It's good that you have tried troubleshooting some ideas already and that you have provided a few more details about your issue.

When you call out, is it a provincial number or Canada wide that you are getting the message?

What kind of phone are you using? iOS, Android or alternative operating system?

Has your calling been like that since you signed up? or has some things changed? What plan did you have before you topped up? The same or different? Was everything working before? or was it the same?

The extra information would be helpful for community members to offer some suggestions.

It's good that you are in the queue for the Moderator team already in the event that it is a deeper problem which requires their intervention.

Hopefully this issue can get fixed soon.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Michelle3 Sorry to hear that your services are not working properly. Unfortunately, mods are behind as they are receiving higher volume of inquiries. Please do not send more messages as it might complicate things. Allow at least 48 hours for them to get back to you. In the meantime, you can use VoIP services like Fongo to call others.

Need Help? Let's chat.