cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls and account acting like suspended

DBH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

First of all, I just want to say that my plan is not suspended.  I have auto payment and plenty of funds available on my credit card.  There is nothing about an account issue in the dashboard when I log in.  Today is the last day of my plan period and I haven't had any calls come in or go out today.

When I call out, I get "Call cannot be completed as dialed"

When my wife tried to call me it said something about her not being able to call because her plan didn't include US roaming.  (both of us are on Public, and neither is anywhere near the US)

I can't send or receive texts with the exception of 2FA codes from EverSafe.

No data either.

Also, everything worked fine before today, and I have tried rebooting my phone.

I get a XXX error when I try to submit a ticket.  I've tried 2 different browsers.  So I'm tagging @CS_Agent because I have absolutely no other way of escalating this issue than a forum post.

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Angrybird 

you moved already? But you can have network problem with any carrier.  PM support is reachable, just need to message 

Angrybird
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, so am I. It's not worth the aggravation to have the savings. I can't get a live person to talk to.

Angrybird
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well, looks like we have the same problem. I moved. There were more than enough funds in 

my acct but my service was cancelled, supposedly for non payment. I can't get a live person to talk to.  Now today funds were taken out but I have no service. I can't talk to my bank because hey, no phone.

DBH

There was a problem with the account, but no way for me to have known.  A few hours later the web portal finally updated and I eventually figured out that the payment didn't go through because of an old postal code.  I've never been so dissatisfied with a cell phone carrier's system.

@DBH   I guess in this case, you really have to open ticket with Support to have them refresh your account

Whiile you waiting for support to reply, if you have another phone around, test the sim there. This could force a sim card re-provision and it could resolve your issue

DBH

Yes, I am a web developer and I have tried 4 different unique web environments including incognito.

@DBH did you login using Incgonito mode? If you didn't use that, please use it, I worry you were reading old cacged info for account status 

and remember if the cycle say May 5 till June 4, your last day of that cycle is June 3rd, June 4th is actually first day of a new cycle 

DBH

I have sent a private message now.  

I have checked again that nothing in the UI says my account is suspended.  It is the last day of my account period, so I would expect to be suspended tomorrow if a payment doesn't go through.  I did notice that my data usage shows 0, so I'm wondering why that is because I definitely used multiple gigs in the last month.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DBH   first, tagging CS agent won't help for ticket submission

Please submit ticket by messaging them:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

For your call issue, the "US roaming" error is a wrong recording, but it could be related to account being suspended

Please login My Account using Incognito mode and confirm if the account is indeed suspended.  It could be due to Pre-Authorized payments failure.  Please make a manual payment to resume service

If it shows active.  Reboot the phone once and click Reset all networks and see if it help

If that does not work, please open ticket with agent as advised above

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@DBH 

This is an issue, for sure, which others have also reported.

Can you try putting 1 + (area code) in front of the number to see if the call goes through?

Use option#2 to reach an agent, it's been suggested the chatbot in option#1 isn't working, which is ridiculous considering it's been said for years that's the 'preferred' option.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, then type Customer Support Agent, then Contact Us,  or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.