cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t make or receive a call

Heather0292
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am in the US visiting family I put the package on my phone for data and unlimited text and talk but I can’t make a call out and no one can call me 

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Heather0292 

Where are you in the US? You probably do not have 2G network signal to connect to but you may have one near to you that may be blocked by other structures, topography, trees etc...

More info about US Roaming here....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-ons-Decommissioning-of-US-...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Heather0292 

Keep in mind, that US add-ons (at least until very recently) expired exactly 240 hours after purchase.

Can you screenshot the one your purchased, and include the purchase date?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

According to Public Mobile:

PM will have T-mobile 2G network for US roaming. Try to manually connect to T-mobile and have roaming on.

Voice and SMS text will still work.

Data will work on LTE, but will switch over to 2G to make a call.

However, the quality of service will vary depending on the different coverage areas when roaming in the USA.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Heather0292   just want to confirm , did you get the Roaming Add-on? when did you get it?

if you got the roaming addon within 10 days ago, try to connect to T-Mobile first and see if it works. 

if it connects, check if Data works as data is the easier one to get it working.  just make sure you hve your Roaming Mobile Data enabled on your device

if data working, then you can try text and then try tallk

let us know how it goes

Need Help? Let's chat.