cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make calls without 1 in front nor call 811

Q2023
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi @CS_Agent

Can't make calls without 1 in front of the number nor I can call 811. I have restarted my phone, removed the sim card from phone then reinsert the sim car and nothing. Please help!

6 REPLIES 6

Q2023

Alberta area code phone number and calling within Alberta. Sent PM.

Thanks.

@Q2023  please call 1-866-408-5465 . for now

and you have a Alberta area code phone number?  I am pretty sure this is something PM can fix, please open ticket with support:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Q2023

In Alberta. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Q2023   which province you are in ?  If you are in Ontario, which area you are phone number belongs to?  I remember some part of Ontario has problem with dialing special service number like 811.  If you are in Ontario , please call 1-866-797-0007  for now

and putting a 1 in front of the 10 digits number is normal.  Many of us now to get used to this new way of calling. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Some numbers in some areas require '1' in front of area code. This is normal. If you contact agent (s)he might be able to explain you Why, if they know.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Q2023  This is normal at least in my case , all my contacts have the 1 in front of the 10 digit number for calling and texting 

Adding and since all plans are national calling this won’t charge you extra for long distance and it can’t as PM is pre  paid and you can’t do anything you haven’t payed for so never a surprise bill 

Need Help? Let's chat.