cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make calls, but only on 1 tower

BVM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For some reason I cannot make phone calls via the cell phone tower closest to my house. I can get data, and send sms messages, but when I try to make a phone call, it acts like it is going to call, but nothing happens. In all other locations I've tried all elements of my phone work fine. Any theories about what would cause this or how to fix it?

7 REPLIES 7

hi @BVM 

Pm uses Bell towers 

what phone do you have??

and your friend who has no problem, what phone he uses?

BVM

Hi, I actually believe it belongs to Bell.  But where I am there is only 1 tower per area, and the other carriers use them. I did check with people in the area and Telus customers and at least one public mobile user can make calls in this area, just not me or my wife. 

hi @BVM 

different phone same problem  could really be 3G network issue 

For now, download VoIp app TextNow to make calls using data or wifi for free

BVM

I'm in Cape Breton, NS... very rural. I just reset my settings but am away today so can't test till tomorrow. I have tried my SIM in a other phone, but my wife has a different phone, but the same problem.

And yes, I've always had the problem. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

How do you know closest cell tower belongs to Telus??? Did you look at cell tower map first?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @BVM 

what phone do you have? you could have a non VoLTE compatible phone and  need 3G for voice, but the tower close to you is 4G tower only, and no 3G tower close to you 

Try changing the network mode to 3G and test 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Where are you located @BVM ? ( generally)

Has this always been the case? Can you try resetting your network connections and rebooting your device?

What happens when you put the Public Mobile Sim in another device – outgoing calling still a problem?

Try putting 1+ area code in front of number…

Need Help? Let's chat.