cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t get into my account

Arsen1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I switched from freedom mobile today to public mobile through online and got my esim. My phone said that everything went through successfully. I can receive texts and make texts, I can call and use my data but I can’t receive calls and I cannot get into my account because it wants me to do some gain full access verification but I’m not getting the code. Can someone please help as soon as possible.

10 REPLIES 10

self solution removed

Arsen1

I contacted support and they told me to go back to freedom to get a SIM card. And that’s what I did, I got the SIM card inserted it and got literally all the missing calls and messages. 54 messages from codes to log into my account and some missed calls messages. And then I logged in to my account since I successfully received a code and replied yes to the message to transfer my phone number to public mobile. And now I have public mobile that’s on and working perfectly fine.

What did you do to get it working again?

Arsen1

Thanks to everyone that tried to help me! I got my public mobile on and working. Everything is perfect now!

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Arsen1 

The one thing I'm not sure of is did you port your number from Freedom to PM? If so, did you wait for the text message from Freedom and say YES to it?  If not, you may be required to try again as it gives you a very small window to port it. Let us know with just a little more detail. Remember, all of us here are customers like you. We all do our very best to help as we all believe in Public Mobile and the product they offer.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Arsen1 

you are not receiving calls? it is a stuck port porting

Reboot your phone once and test incoming calls

If still not coming, then call PM porting support and ask update on the poring.   Will send you the phone number via Community inbox

Arsen1

I don’t get the option to send a code via email.

@Arsen1 wrote:

So I switched from freedom mobile today to public mobile through online and got my esim. My phone said that everything went through successfully. I can receive texts and make texts, I can call and use my data but I can’t receive calls and I cannot get into my account because it wants me to do some gain full access verification but I’m not getting the code. Can someone please help as soon as possible.

If you click on the text that says "didn't get code", is there an option to send it by e-mail?  

As for number porting, that's probably not complete. Did you reply a text message from Freedom to authorize the request?  Your Freedom SIM card needs to be in the device to receive that text message.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Arsen1  Sounds like stuck in port .but no worries there’s a number for live support to give status update on the port or re trigger it if needed will send you it private message and get it fixed . For logging in if it’s sending code and you’re not getting it try tapping resend code a few time . You should then get option to send code to email instead . If no luck submit ticket with support to help you regain access to your account 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

How to receive 2FA code via Public Mobile Phone app

Use WiFi and download the app.

KennethJAdams_0-1691864620233.png

Click on the Didn’t get the code? Before you do though, check the box on This is a trusted device so you never have to be asked for the 2 step again on the phone.

The next window that comes up is this.

KennethJAdams_1-1691864620111.png

You can choose either Send Email which will go to the email you registered with or Send Voice Message meaning it will call your number and ask you to push buttons. 

Need Help? Let's chat.