cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to network after being in the US

tonygeorge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone in the community can help as I haven't had much luck with the PM moderators so far.

I signed up with Public Mobile back in September with an LG G4 and haven't had any issues until last week.  I was traveling to the US but decided not to take the roaming package.  I was in the US for a couple of days but I noticed that the battery was draining quite quickly, so I decided to put the phone in airplane mode to avoid trying to search for a mobile network.  When I returned home I took the phone of airplane mode, but ever since then the phone has not been able to connect to the PM network.  I've tried all the following steps:

• Restarted the phone
  • Taken the battery out for 10 minutes
  • Taken the battery and SIM Card out
  • Reset network settings
  • Reset APN settings
  • Factory reset
  • Put in a SIM card from another phone

Even after all these steps the phone still can't connect.  I took out my PM sim and put it in another unlocked phone and it works, so there's something up with the phone now.  The PM moderators said that the phone appeared to still be somehow tied to a US network and they did some kind of action on their side that should have flushed that.  But no change.

I can't understand how even after a factory reset the phone is not able to work and everything was fine before I went to the US a week ago.  Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

Cornel_I
Customer Support Agent

Hi tonygeorge and all,

In this type scenario where even a full reset did not help, aside from the many others, please always be sure to check in the device settings if there is any system update available (WiFi connection required), install if there is. 

p.s. my colleague is awaiting your reply to the service ticket

Good day to all!

Cornel 
Public Mobile Moderators team

@tonygeorge wrote:

@geopublicthanks for the suggestion.  I've tried to connect manually, but get "Error while searching for networks" after a few seconds of searching.

I'm wondering if any of those phone repair services have other tricks that they can use.

@tonygeorge  Just found a post that might help you...not sure if my copy and paste skills wiĺ work if not I'll direct you to the thread so try this in the search bar: Re: SIM cannot connect to mobile network on my phone   look for the last post by @pm_smayer97 or you always try private messaging him.. ..correction @pm-smayer97 

tonygeorge

@geopublicthanks for the suggestion.  I've tried to connect manually, but get "Error while searching for networks" after a few seconds of searching.

I'm wondering if any of those phone repair services have other tricks that they can use.

tonygeorge

Thanks for this suggestion.  I've checked the registry and my device is not marked as stolen or blacklisted.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@tonygeorge  Since the sim works in another phone, Public Mobile can't help with a device issue. Check devicecheck.ca to see if it mistakenly got blaclisted?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tonygeorge  Go into your network settings and try to connect to Public manually if you can't then maybe it might be time for a new phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.